Discuss RCD needed? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

optician

Need to extend a ring circuit by 25m for two additional socket outlets in a commercial building on the third floor, cable routes are in the floor and surface mounted mini trunking.There isn't an RCD on the circuit at present. Do I need to fit one?

How much would you charge?

Regs only require u to protect new additions tht u make to 17th edition. You do not need to upgrade the whole circuit to comply, therefore why dont u just install 2x 30mA double socket outlets? However, this being said, circuits that are surface mounted, do not require protection by a 30mA rcd.

Just a suggestion, would make your life a whole lot easier.

Matt

Last edited:

Reply to RCD needed? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I need to re-route some circuits from one surface mount panel to another. There is a 4” gap between the two. I want to use 1” PVC or EMT. Because...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a client with a small caravan site, approx 5 hookups. His old toilet block was nothing much more than an old shed. He's now 'upgraded'...
Replies
Views
Hi all, question on extending an existing ring main onto the surface and then re-joining back to in-wall. Is there a ‘correct way’ to do this, as...
Replies
Views
An odd question granted but bear with me. I've got to extend a radial circuit in a community centre to fit a new hand dryer in the toilets, but I...
Replies
Views
Hello! I've been racking my brain this evening about some RCD selections. I've been doing some work for a solar installer, and they've asked me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock