Discuss rcd protection for sockets with cables <50mm depth in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

i think that you dont require RCD protection on these circuits if it enclosed in earthed metal conduit.

would the same apply to SWA cable? could that be interpreted as an earthed metal conduit if you earth the armourings?

commecrcial and industrial premises wouldn't normally have the same sort of wiring and layouts as domestic, most installations in a commercial or industrial environment would require a degree of mechanical protection. conduit, SWA & trunking would offer this.

note the above are assumptions and i would still advise more research to find definitive answers

does this apply to all domestic/commercial/industrial?
please state / quote regs / why
yes it still is requiared ,as for reg no it is the whole book as you cant use the bits you feel you want
the only way of not using this reg is if a instructed person IE a person under instruction are the only peaple who perform any work in property so may be comertual work can be emmited

sorry, i'm not really sure what you're saying there beaver...

can anyone translate? are you saying that as long as someone isn't an electrician and is under construction then they can choose to ignore current building and wiring regulations??

Reply to rcd protection for sockets with cables <50mm depth in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

hi all come across a new build commercial office where radial circuits feeding electrak power track was protected by 32A RCBO at dist board and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick one regarding the need for RCD protection for socket outlets rated up to and including 32A. I have been tasked to install...
Replies
Views
As I've mainly done site work and moved into domestic recently, I'm a bit rusty on stuff like this, but if I'm adding a loft PIV unit to an...
Replies
Views
So I'm getting various responses to this depending on how things are interpreted. Here's a scenario: Assume property is a tenanted property...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have lifetime experience (50+ years) in United States with basic knowledge of split phase 120/240 volts replacing wall switches and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock