Search the forum,

Discuss repairing defective contact in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hugo75

hey forum,

im no expert at all, but thought i could fix this on my own.
1 of the sockets has a defective contact meaning i can turn the lamp and it will work for a few days the other one has gone completely now.
I attached a picture to see what im talking about, i was thinking to shorten the cables slightly then open up the white socket and reconnect the cables, but i don't think there is a way to open up the socket, no screws...

how would you go about repairing this?

thanks

IMG_3220.jpg

As above, just replace it. Don't try and fix what you have as a) it isn't worth it, b) it will be next to impossible and c) it may have heat damage because of the high resistance fault. Daz

a new lamp holder comes complete with the wires attached. just connect into transformer.

Reply to repairing defective contact in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back