Discuss Replacing a 13A plug fuse with solid brass in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't even make sense. And you are just avoiding the questions asked.
Will you suggest another solution.
A 15A round pin is suitable, but it us the shark makers warrantees that is the problem.

Read back on the thread.

A 15A round pin is suitable, but it us the shark makers warrantees that is the problem.

Read back on the thread.

Do you do this sort of thing on other forums as well? I wouldn't mind, but you do seem to have a modicum of electrical knowledge and maybe you could offer something useful?

I always use solid links in my old table lamps which have that nice single insulated twisted flex, 3 amp fuses are rubbish and need replacing far too often when my old stock Chinese 150w bulbs blow, they only last a couple of weeks usually so I reckon I've saved £££s in fuses.

I always use solid links in my old table lamps which have that nice single insulated twisted flex, 3 amp fuses are rubbish and need replacing far too often when my old stock Chinese 150w bulbs blow, they only last a couple of weeks usually so I reckon I've saved £££s in fuses.

You trolling again Dave?

i can help you to save a fortune.
I will sell you as many as you like for your own personal use.
£12.50 each with a minimum order quantity of 100.
lead time 14 days.
I think I might be on a winner here!!

You are on some sort of wind up! Or have you been on the weekend tipple?
We follow many Regulations so I am interested which one you are referring to.

A 15A round pin is suitale but it us the shark makers warrantees that is the problem

The most obvious solution that sprang to my apprentice's mind has since been suggested in post #36 - you have a fused spur above, so stick a flex outlet below.

This ain't rocket science and you're seriously overthinking a problem that's very unlikely to occur. How many such 'inaccessible' fuses have you had to replace and what caused those fuses to blow?

Why would you ever need to access such a fuse? if it has blown the appliance is faulty and will need to be pulled out to repair it anyway, at which point the fuse becomes accessible...
Having inaccessible fuses is a no, no. Obvious.
Have fuses accessible like in say an FCU, which is also an isolator as as well.

The most obvious solution that sprang to my apprentice's mind has since been suggested in post #36 - you have a fused spur above, so stick a flex outlet below.

This ain't rocket science and you're seriously overthinking a problem that's very unlikely to occur. How many such 'inaccessible' fuses have you had to replace and what caused those fuses to blow?
The thread is about two points:

1)
Where to buy solid links for 13A plugs?
2)
Manufacturers not honouring warrantees because a moulded plug is cut off to hard wire the appliance or fit a round pin fuseless 15A plug.

Having inaccessible fuses is a no, no. Obvious.
Have fuses accessible like in say an FCU, which is also an isolator as as well.
Define inaccessible and as I have asked on several times which Regulations are you referring to.

Very neatly done too, but there's no live pin sticking out of the other side eh ? ?

1) Where to buy solid links for 13A plugs?
2) Manufacturers not honouring warrantees because a moulded plug is cut off to hard wire the appliance or fit a round pin fuseless 15A plug.
If you have evidence of point 2 ever being enforced by a manufacturer successfully I'd be very surprised.

If you have evidence of point 2 ever being enforced by a manufacturer successfully I'd be very surprised.
Many Sparks do all sorts not to invalidate the warrantee. I am sure in court the makers would lose of an applaince conform to current regs and it is electrically safe and sound. But that is no comfort when the maker is being awkward. Electricians do not want the hassle factor, even if they know they are right, It loses them time and money.

1) Where to buy solid links for 13A plugs?
2) Manufacturers not honouring warrantees because a moulded plug is cut off to hard wire the appliance or fit a round pin fuseless 15A plug.
I have provided you with a quote but not received an order yet.

can you show a manufacturers guarantee that forbids replacing the plug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing a 13A plug fuse with solid brass in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock