Discuss small solar system 3W in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

picozero

Hi all!
I know you probably with bigger systems than 3W, but I starting from this :)
Hi bought this small panel 3W Solar Panel 17-12V., 200-400 mA (rated values):
Koekraf Alternative Energy: Specifications
I have also bought some other similar cells at 9V power rating.

I'd like to charge some Ni-MH batteries at 9V ( I have some at 175 mAh, 200 mAh and 250 mAh).
Buy Genopladelige 9 V batterier READY TO GO NIMH PP3 9V 200mAh ENIX Energies ARH9002 online from RS for next day delivery.

So, I have done some test using this circuit (changing the zener and the value of the battery depicted in this picture):
Solar Charger Circuit
small solar system 3W {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

It is substantially the same as Sunking proposed but instead of the PIC there is a transistor behaving as a switch, a solution which I found a bit more elegant right now maybe soon I will change my mind.
The same panel in question it produced 100 mA before-during-aftern noon in a good angle and then less during the day (an average of 30 mA), when its rated power was 200-400 mA, a very big loss but considering all your discussion it is an achievement.
What I asked earlier was not the fact I expected the rated 200 mA during the whole day and in every condition. It was something else.
I try to explain better now:

I have a battery NiMH 9V 200 mAh.
Then I have a solar panel rated 17V 3W and 200-400mA, which in reality it behaves 9V and 30-100 mA or even less.

Can I still charge a NiMH 9V 200 mAh battery with smaller amount of current (30-100 mA) and 9V ? (Even if it will take 10 hours or more)

Sorry if I stress this fact but I didn't manage to understand it reading other guide about NiM

Reply to small solar system 3W in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock