Discuss Socket feeding conservatory - Part P? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

Anna Rack

Quick question - as a temporary measure our conservatory is fed by a normal 13a plug via an RCD socket in the house - a shed nearby is also connected on the conservatory circuit via armoured cable. Is this Part P notifiable? Thanks for any advice.

don't quite follow the question. if it's on a plug, then part p does not apply. if you wanted to hard wire it into the fixed wiring if the house, then part p would apply. eithewr way, it looks like a bodge and i would get a sparks in to sort it out.

Kinda like a gaint extension lead? Whilst probably not causing an immediate danger as it is RCD protected, its not right and would IMO need attention.

Fixed wiring is fixed wiring now, and comes into regs, regardless of whether it is via FCU or plug and socket.
If it can be picked/reeled up, then it is an extension lead, whereas if it is clipped it is classed as fixed. Up to the individual to decide...... :)

A wired conservatory, and armoured cable to a shed doesn't sound very temporary. There must be more to this story, are you here questioning the work of the installer? Regardless is sounds as if it needs the professional touch.

A quick download of the "doc" would have given the answer, we are suspicious of first time posters.:sorcerer:

Quick question - as a temporary measure our conservatory is fed by a normal 13a plug via an RCD socket in the house - a shed nearby is also connected on the conservatory circuit via armoured cable. Is this Part P notifiable? Thanks for any advice.

If it is on a plug then in needs to be PAT tested:hurray:

When the conservatory was built, the builders laid the cables inside the walls and into the house near a socket, to be connected up later by an electrician. When I asked him to wire it in, he said because I had an old fusebox he'd have to replace that with an RCD type first and because the wiring wasn't installed by him and hidden he couldn't sign it off. Hence the easy solution, at least for now was to replace the socket with an RCD type and connect the circuit up via a plug. Asking about part p because if it's not breaking any regs and it works safely, which it does, I'll just leave it. I'm Mr Anna Rack btw, a pseudonym for anorak which my wife tends to call me..

Reply to Socket feeding conservatory - Part P? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock