Discuss Socket height regulation in old home in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I have a 13 year old, he is bigger than me already! I said a few years back "The day you can beat me in an arm wrestle I'll give you £100" he was a skinny little thing at the time so I thought it will be a while before I have to shell out some cash. Hmmm... we had an arm wrestle on Friday and it took all my strength to beat him. Obviously I pretended it was easy :tongueout:, kids seem to be so big these days!

My 13 year old lad is nearly as tall as me.... I'm 5ft 11.5 inches.... (Yes the .5 inches is important, as I used to be 6 ft and lost .5 inch somewhere.... :cry::cry:)
Luckily he doesn't have the strength of me, or I would be in trouble, as I'm always winding him up...

I used to be 6 ft and lost .5 inch somewhere.

silly bugger. you had your hair cut.

My 13 year old lad is nearly as tall as me.... I'm 5ft 11.5 inches.... (Yes the .5 inches is important, as I used to be 6 ft and lost .5 inch somewhere.... :cry::cry:)
Luckily he doesn't have the strength of me, or I would be in trouble, as I'm always winding him up...
Oh, he will have, then enjoy enacting his revenge ...

Oh, he will have, then enjoy enacting his revenge ...

I've told him that it just runs in the family. My dad wound me up and now I wind him up. He can have kids so that he can then wind them up... (Not just yet though... 15 years time)

tell him if he can beat you at arm wrestling, you'll hand over the reins..... that includes housekeeping, council tax, gas and leccy bills......

tell him if he can beat you at arm wrestling, you'll hand over the reins..... that includes housekeeping, council tax, gas and leccy bills......

I'm cr@p at arm wrestling... I'm better at brazilian jiu jitsu... But he whinges when I get him into arm locks... Apparently "its not fare.."

I've told him that it just runs in the family. My dad wound me up and now I wind him up. He can have kids so that he can then wind them up... (Not just yet though... 15 years time)
I have three daughters, their tongues get more acidic the older they get.
No physical violence, but damn their withering comments!

I have three daughters, their tongues get more acidic the older they get.
No physical violence, but damn their withering comments!

My lad's comments are good... He likes to take the micky out of me. He has the missus in stitches.
It did get him into trouble at school recently. He was doing food tech and cutting up some chicken breasts. His female teacher said "Your meats big." to which he replied "Don't you know it....."

My lad's comments are good... He likes to take the micky out of me. He has the missus in stitches.
It did get him into trouble at school recently. He was doing food tech and cutting up some chicken breasts. His female teacher said "Your meats big." to which he replied "Don't you know it....."
Cheeky Chappie then is he????

Cheeky Chappie then is he????

He's cheeky with me, but he knows not to go too far... It's a great lad really.

I’m having my 3 bed house rewired plus a load of extra sockets and power run down to shed. Two of the bedrooms have laminate floor. Getting 3 quotes done. First quote has come back at £3400. I think this is way too low for such a big job. Also this guy told me that I would have to have all the sockets raised to 450mm. My house is 50 odd years old so I’m guessing I should avoid this guy like the plague?

I’m having my 3 bed house rewired plus a load of extra sockets and power run down to shed. Two of the bedrooms have laminate floor. Getting 3 quotes done. First quote has come back at £3400. I think this is way too low for such a big job. Also this guy told me that I would have to have all the sockets raised to 450mm. My house is 50 odd years old so I’m guessing I should avoid this guy like the plague?
Height only applies to current new builds so not necessary. If you are stripping out the whole house and having walls chased etc for new cables you might like to take a view on socket positions being at a more accessible height? I take it the current sockets aren’t in the middle of skirting and an inch off the floor? 😜

Reply to Socket height regulation in old home in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock