Discuss started 2330 level 3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

johnc86

I’m currently at college 1 day a week doing my 2330 l3. I have a problem. I have struggled to attend quite allot already for various reasons. I feel like I'm pretty quickly falling behind and to be honest, I’m finding it hard when I do go in. The problem if I’m honest is that I struggle with my maths. I found last year difficult enough and felt like I passed last year by a whisker. I’m by no means an unintelligent person, but I just don’t take the maths side of it onboard as quickly as I think most of the other people on the course do. Looking around in the class room though, it’s clear that I’m not the only one struggling, and last year the drop out and exam failure rate last year for the course on the whole was pretty awful.

We lost a very experienced tutor who after about 6 months. He was apparently frustrated with the red tape and Bureaucracy within the college and was offered a job at a college with better pay. There would often not be enough materials for practicals for example, and it was obvious that the college had been unprepared for the start of term and problems had not been rectified months into the course. It was a new venture on the part of out local FE College where by they rented a large warehouse away from the main college campus’s and converted it into a training college. They didn’t even pay the tutor’s wages for the first couple of months!

He was subsequently replaced by various agency tutors with no, or limited teaching experience, who in all fairness (one in particular) worked hard to try and get people through the exams.

Anyway, that’s all beside the point. I’m not trying to make excuses for my failure, things are better in the college this year I want to try and make the most of it and do lots of studying in my own time to try to catch up. I can do the maths no problem as long as I learn it at my own pace It’s just hard to say that you haven’t understood when the tutor say's: "is everyone ok with that"?

I am going to get the Electrical Installations Level 2 2330 Technical Certificate Student Book this week and revise everything I need to know for the 1st exam. However what I am wondering is if there are any good DVD’s or other training aids etc for either level 3 or even level 2 that you could recommend that would help me to try and learn it at home so I can sort it out. I really don’t want to mess this up.
Anyway, any advice or ideas or whatever would be most welcome!

Cheers.

Hi
WarrenG if i may be so bold would appreciate a list of those books aswell please may help me to?

Wait behind and see you tutor and explain you are struggerling with your maths and they will be able to help you maybe put you with someone for an hour a week just to go other things with you. Nothing to be ashamed of im currently in a class of 15 and ther ear eabout 5 or 6 people in the class who are good at maths.

A

yes dont be shy its nothing to be ashamed about not everyone can be good at everything it isnt an easy subject and it does go quite in depth so catch it before its too late and you start to struggle

Good luck mate

ive got my level 3 and and just finnished my AM2 (easy apart from nervs), i found that i was alrite with the maths but fast forgot it and a basic grasp of what you would expect the answer too be was more than suffciant for me, i was the only one in the class too pass every test first time and i would put my neck on the line and say i still havent much of a clue with the math side of things just good with rule of thumb lol. anyway most the bloody exams are about health and saftey and found that the only exam i was really unsure about was solved with a couple hours revision.

hope this helps ive a tendancy to just ramble.

Reply to started 2330 level 3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock