Discuss Stroma Digital EIC & Notification of Works certificates in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

MARUK

-
Reaction score
Had an electrician completed re-wire on my property but sent me a scanned copy of EIC. I was hoping I would receive a digital one via E-Cert with his details, etc. Can that be not done – he completes on e-Cert and I receive a copy as well to my email?

Also, I was on the impression that notification to building control will be sent to me when he submits via Installer Notification Portal – this was on our agreement. He seems not to be aware of this. Wording on '
Stroma Certification’s Commitment to Consumers
' implies that I should get a copy of Notification of Works certificates as replacement can be purchased for £5.

Would appreciate if someone can advise – I really would like to know the process in terms of receiving a EIC and Notification of Works Certificates once re-wire is completed.

Many Thanks.

Every time you use E-Cert it adds 5 years onto your age. Maybe he has gone senile.

On the ecert software you just double click a button to generate a certificate which gets saved as a pdf which can then be fowarded to the customer.

When using the notification portal you are asked for an email address for them to send the notification to, should be straightfoward

Things may have changed since I did self-certification notifications but you had 21 days after completion (I always took it from Q.S sign off date) then you have to allow time for the notification to be sent through the post.

I am with Stroma and I have had issues with the customer receiving their BC notice from them. I had to follow up on three customers of late which is a bit disconcerting for me and the client. However they insisted they had been sent and re-sent them to me straight away and I forwarded them to respective clients. Something is amiss not too sure quite what yet. I do not use ecert it is so horrible as software to use you could lose the will to live with it. However I use another software and always send the client a certificate via email as soon as the cert. is ready. It should and is required to have the installer/designer/tester's details on the cert whatever system you are using.

I am with Stroma and I have had issues with the customer receiving their BC notice from them. I had to follow up on three customers of late which is a bit disconcerting for me and the client. However they insisted they had been sent and re-sent them to me straight away and I forwarded them to respective clients. Something is amiss not too sure quite what yet. I do not use ecert it is so horrible as software to use you could lose the will to live with it. However I use another software and always send the client a certificate via email as soon as the cert. is ready. It should and is required to have the installer/designer/tester's details on the cert whatever system you are using.

This frequently happened to me when I was with Stroma, they insisted they had sent the certs to customers and time and time again my customers never got them. I took this up with a stroma manager many times as it kept happening and it was all empty promises it wouldn't happen again. It made me look like I was lying to my customers and didn't do me any favours.

I only went from the NICEIC to Stroma to save money, and it was false economy (I'm back with the NICEIC). I can't recall one customer ever claiming not to have received their cert in all my years with the NICEIC, so despite the criticism they get I've never had any issues with them.

Your electrician can regenerate one from the notifications portal, the Stroma notifications system is absolute carp and even though he has put your details in it may not generate a certificate to you even though it says it has, I am with Stroma and don't trust their software, I just get everything sent to me via e mail and send them on in an e mail to my customers. Call me old fashioned but how about just picking up the phone and let him know what you want, or you could send him an e mail!?

I have never trusted the Stroma notifications software as it simply doesn't work, for those who are with Stroma the simple solution is to download the notification from e-portal and then send it on to your clients via e mail along with the ecert. I now use electraform but would rather use this work around than sell my soul to the devil and join the NICEIC.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Had an electrician completed re-wire on my property but sent me a scanned copy of EIC. I was hoping I would receive a digital one via E-Cert with his details, etc. Can that be not done – he completes on e-Cert and I receive a copy as well to my email?

Also, I was on the impression that notification to building control will be sent to me when he submits via Installer Notification Portal – this was on our agreement. He seems not to be aware of this. Wording on '
Stroma Certification’s Commitment to Consumers
' implies that I should get a copy of Notification of Works certificates as replacement can be purchased for £5.

Would appreciate if someone can advise – I really would like to know the process in terms of receiving a EIC and Notification of Works Certificates once re-wire is completed.

Many Thanks.
The electrician will give you an EIC. He can generate this however he wants. Up until 2 years ago I was filling in mine with a pen and that is absolutely fine. I now use a fillable PDF copy of the EIC and can send this to the customer. I would not use Stroma's E-cert as it has so many poor reviews, in fact I dont know anyone who is registered with Stroma that uses the E-cert!

As for the notification documentation (that is separate to the EIC), that is the responsibility of Stroma to send to you not the electrician. The electrician will notify the work to Stroma, whilst filling out the form he will tick either 'post' or 'email' to determine how you receive this. If you haven't received this within a month or 2 of completion of the work just let the electrcian know and they will chase up Stroma.

Reply to Stroma Digital EIC & Notification of Works certificates in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock