Discuss Taking just the exam rather than the whole 17th Wiring Regs course? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Evening all..

My assessor has at last insisted I take the 17th. He knows that I have the knowledge already as when he questions me I know the answers and also have a 101 scribbles all over BS7671 but.... he states his manager will now want to see the exam qulaification in black and white as proof of my knowledge. Thats fair enough.

My question is 'Where/How can I take just the exam?' My local college (Stroud) does the course for £430 and have a policy that you have to complete the course rather than just take the exam. I have searched a bit through the internet but it all seems to point towards undertaking the whole course.

I have scored around 70-80% on all past papers (which is a pass) without even brushing up, that isn't supposed to sound big headed, just a fact, so I cant see the point in paying an extra £350 so that I can score 95% instead of 70-80%.

Any suggestions about where/how to take just the exam?

Last edited:
Have look at e qualified, they do exam only. I think they run them on Saturday but they are in Northampton?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks both..

Just seen that an identical thread was started a few hours ago, sorry!

Ps.. He put the question far more succinctly than my flowered up version!

Last edited:
Have look at e qualified, they do exam only. I think they run them on Saturday but they are in Northampton?

Unfortunately your information was wrong Fireman.. This is the reply from e qualified:

"Hi Stephen,
>
> With our low price, we unfortunately cannot offer the 'exam only' for any cheaper. It will be £134.99 for the enrolment and £3.99 for the postage of the certificate.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Nicola"

Reply to Taking just the exam rather than the whole 17th Wiring Regs course? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net