Discuss The tories policies are working in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

He was on benefits in the first place because his Doctor determined he was not fit to work due to his heart condition.
He was taken off benefits because he was assessed as being fit for work under the new scheme.
He could lift his arms above his head, he could pick something up from the floor.
His benefits were cut to such an extent, that he could no longer afford to keep and run a car.
No not entirely, I imagine that stress caused by having his benefits cut played a part.

We as a Country employ the vast majority of Doctors, even private Doctors are in most cases employed by the NHS or Regional Health Authority in some capacity.
We are now employing some bods in offices whose jobs are to disagree with the Doctors that we employ.
The fact that the Doctors have had years of medical training and these bods none what so ever is a little disturbing. A bit like entrusting a Kitchen Fitter to re-wire a house rather than an Electrician.

there's always hooror stories, whichever government is in power. decisions are not made by government, they are made by unelected bureaucratic pen pushers, must of whom belong to left wing public service unions ( e.g. unison ( we gotta protect our goddam index linked pensions )).

What I don't understand is why the UK "appears" to have so may "ill" people who can't work? We seem to have a disproportional number!

there's always hooror stories, whichever government is in power. decisions are not made by government, they are made by unelected bureaucratic pen pushers
Who act according to the diktats of whichever government is in power. The amount of horror stories is increasing almost daily, I signed a petition calling for an inquiry into the circumstances behind the suicide of a decorated former soldier who suffered from PTSD. He had his benefits stopped and eventually took his own life, his family found he had less than £2.00 to his name.

Now I know that some of you will ask where were his family while this man was suffering but remember, he was suffering from PTSD which is a mental disorder. He wasn;t thinking straight so we don't know what was going on in his head.

the problem is differentiating between those who can't work ( and deserve support ) and those who won't work ( and deserve nowt except a 1 way ticket to that australian penal colony. oh, bugger. it's no more)

What I don't understand is why the UK "appears" to have so may "ill" people who can't work? We seem to have a disproportional number!
People who cannot work have usually been told that by a properly qualified person who has years of experience in the medical profession.

the problem is differentiating between those who can't work ( and deserve support ) and those who won't work ( and deserve nowt except a 1 way ticket to that australian penal colony. oh, bugger. it's no more)
In my opinion that's why we have doctors who can diagnose problems someone may have. They can usually tell who is swinging the lead.

and so a doctor's report, stating that a person is unfit for work, should be taken by the authorities as proven, and appropriate benefits awarded. then again, there have been several reports of guys certified as unfit to work toting bins, jogging, surfing, etc. so even doctors can have the wool pulled over sometimes.

In my opinion that's why we have doctors who can diagnose problems someone may have. They can usually tell who is swinging the lead.

Any old monkey could abuse the old Disability Allowance system. Almost (!) just saying you were ill to your GP was enough to get on it!
I know a bloke who was on the Disability, he had minor mental health problems.
He was perfectly capable of working and he used to boast about his sponging.
He was rightly booted off it when it changed and got ZERO sympathy from any of us when it happened.

We complain when unqualified kitchen and bathroom fitters question our opinions so why should we not object when a pen pusher queries the opinion of a doctor?
Yes there has to be a system of checks and balances because, as you say, the medical profession can and does make mistakes/have the wool pulled over but a diagnosis should only be queried by another doctor, one who does not have targets to meet or a vested interest. He or she should be paid according to the number of people they examined, not by the number they miraculously declare fit for work which is what the pen pushers are doing now.

a couple of points raised in that article.

1. drug addicts and alcholics... pay for1 course of rehab. then stop all benefits.

2. winter fuel payments for those living abroad... stop it.

I suggest it's back to Labour and their spin - it seems to me they manipulated the unemployment figures by getting people off unemployment benefits and onto disability benefits.
They might need a doctors note but there are many ailments which can't necessarily be proven with a blood test or x-ray - if someone complains of the appropriate symptoms a doctor will match that up to something which warrants signing off work.

Yes both of em manipulate facts and figures for there own benefit
I e most foreign workers are not on the dole but unemployment has gone down . I can't see both being right

Every time I go to Whitechapel hospital I would say it's 7 to 1 and its all old white people
In England over 90% of mugging is done by black people
In Scotland over 90% of mugging is done by white people ( just to keep you happy )
But if I ask for records based on colour they will not show it
If you asked the social what percentage of people not born in this country were on the dole
They say they do not keep records of that but on every bloody form it asks your origin so they must know surely.
And I can't paste and copy but I am getting there and one day I will be able to got the avatar up
Thanks to someone on the forum who would be embarrassed if I told you who it was so I won't

Every time I go to Whitechapel hospital I would say it's 7 to 1 and its all old white people
In England over 90% of mugging is done by black people
In Scotland over 90% of mugging is done by white people ( just to keep you happy )
But if I ask for records based on colour they will not show it
If you asked the social what percentage of people not born in this country were on the dole
They say they do not keep records of that but on every bloody form it asks your origin so they must know surely.
And I can't paste and copy but I am getting there and one day I will be able to got the avatar up
Thanks to someone on the forum who would be embarrassed if I told you who it was so I won't
Bollox

Reply to The tories policies are working in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net