Discuss Threading conduit (no vice) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

gazdkw82

-
Trainee
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I forgot I had a small conduit job tomorrow and I left my conduit bender at work. This means I dont have any kind of vice to hold the 25mm galv whist I thread it.

Any imaginative ideas on how I can thread it without any kind of vice?

I have some clamps but no vice so to speak....

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

gazdkw82

-
Trainee
If the site has a lathe , you might manage to hold it in the chuck.

Unfortunatly it's not a site, it's a side job for a friend.

All I have as options are a bench vice, some mole grips, pipe wrench and clamps.

Starting to sound like a scenario post from tbe trainee section haha

I forgot I had a small conduit job tomorrow and I left my conduit bender at work. This means I dont have any kind of vice to hold the 25mm galv whist I thread it.

Any imaginative ideas on how I can thread it without any kind of vice?

I have some clamps but no vice so to speak....
We have successfully done this once on a job by using an SDS drill bit shoved into one end of the conduit and then using the floor and your knee you can force the conduit up at an angle with the drill bit putting pressure on one end
This allowed us to thread 4-5 lengths on a job

Reply to Threading conduit (no vice) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.