Search the forum,

Discuss torque screwdriver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
evening good people, torque screwdriver

before i have to shell for one of these extortionate things has anyone had a scam assessment of late? do they insist on one?

ive come to except that regs will constantly extract every spare penny out me pocket, but im not going to shell out unless its a deffo requirement

for another years scamship....

if i do need one has anyone found one less than 95 quid?

thanks..

I didnt have one for my assessment nor was it mentioned, Dont quote me on this but I find it hard to believe that they would fail you for it. Best bet would be to ask clarification from your provider

Why would your assessor expect you to have a torque screwdriver? They're expensive and usually you'd need 2 or 3 of them to cover a sensible range of torque settings.

thats the only thing i was picked up on on my assessment last month. and i got one at at the tool show for about £55 that you can alter the torque (not that its actually been used yet ) but its in the box etc
he said that because we now have to follow manufacturers instructions all terminations should be torqued

dom

The same thought came to me because there is a CK torque driver on display in in the wholesalers with a special bit for MCB terminals, I too thought I had missed a new reg.

I have a torque screwdriver but as far as I know it's not a reg I just got one of the builders to buy me one last year as a crimbo prezzie as we were in the whole sellers at the same time I was just winding him up but he called my bluff and got me one of the wera sets well chuffed

what a load of cr@p. We've all probably fitted thousands of MCB's. Ive never had any mine go loose. Two white knuckles and half a grunt is enough torque....
I won't be buying one and any asseser can take a running jump before making me buy one.

Reply to torque screwdriver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock