Discuss TT Installation in need of some TLC in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Thanks for all your replys . I have purchased a 17th edition dual rcd CU today.

I have run the main earth to the earth rod , run the main equipotential. Floor boards up every where lol.

Had a look and the old CU and notocied that the lighting circuits still wired in old rubber cables :eek:
Thought thats strange as changed a few light fittings and never noticed them before.
checked all light fittings and their wired in T& E and all the switch wires are as well except for the one in my bedroom which is rubber.

Some ones been very naughty:mad: i will have to pull up a few more floor boards and find were its joined. Oh and looks like a bit of chasing out and replacing that switch wire.

I'am so lucky didn't want to put my feet up any way.:)

Mark

Hi Mark,

That old rubber cable needs to come out, as you are doing.

Perfectly fine in its day but it would have aged and will be starting to break down.

That would give your IR test some hell:D

They're actually ok, apparently made by wylex.

Im only kidding mate.

Trouble is, i get very frustrated fitting the cheaper units, as they can be fairly flimsy.

I have just for the first time, fitted a new GE CU and it had a plastic DIN rail!!!:eek:

Total Load = 0.8kw
Power factor = 0.85
Volt- 415vac
may i know the Current (A)
Thank you

I have answer = 4.02A
may i know the calculation to get 4.02A
tq

Last edited by a moderator:
Total Load = 0.8kw
Power factor = 0.85
Volt- 415vac
may i know the Current (A)
Thank you

I have answer = 4.02A
may i know the calculation to get 4.02A
tq

Riduan, dont know where you get that from. Simple Ohms law V=IxR
So for 230V it would be (.8kw) 800W/230 = 3.48A

Leave the rest to you

may i know what root3?
tq

my frien told me
P=VI(COSQ)
0.8KW=240X IX COS Q(TETA)
THAT TRUE?

Last edited by a moderator:
may i know what root3?
tq

my frien told me
P=VI(COSQ)
0.8KW=240X IX COS Q(TETA)
THAT TRUE?

Riduan

Dont mean to be nosey but how much electrical knowlege have you got?
The formula he gave is correct but use 230v and this is to work out power which you already know. Transposing formula so work out I is below
I= P/ V x PF

Last edited:
800/415 = 1.92A per phase assuming a purely balanced load, x 0.85PF = 1.63A per phase.

Now most of this is assumption as we do not know what type (if any) of power factor correction he has.

To get 1KW of true power at 0.85 power factor = 1/0.85 = 1.17Kva.

Nor do we know the type of load.

Reply to TT Installation in need of some TLC in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock