Discuss Utility of 3 pin 2 Amp sockets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Constantine

Hello everyone,

My flat has nine 13 Amp sockets in the combined dining and living room, and that number is more than enough to power all the devices I would need in that room. In addition, the dining and living rooms have halogen spotlights , and I also have a floor lamp in the living room, and all of these combined are more than enough for light. Finally, the living room has three 3-pin 2 Amp sockets. As I have plenty of light and I will not be buying any additional lamps, is there anything else I can do with the space or wiring of the three 3-pin 2 Amp sockets?

Thanks,

Constantine

It sounds like you have plenty of power outlets already, and as Tony says, they are more than likely off the lighting circuit, or off a dedicated low-current supply. Leave them well alone and they will be happy :)

Reply to Utility of 3 pin 2 Amp sockets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs. As the property is going through...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm in the process of getting my qualifications and am taking on some small jobs for family to try and get some experience in. Today I was...
Replies
Views
We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views
Hi, Flat recently gutted and rewired from scratch. Livingroom has two switches, one controls the main light, one controls a 5 amp circuit with 3...
Replies
Views
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock