Discuss Utility of 3 pin 2 Amp sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constantine

New EF Member
Hello everyone,

My flat has nine 13 Amp sockets in the combined dining and living room, and that number is more than enough to power all the devices I would need in that room. In addition, the dining and living rooms have halogen spotlights , and I also have a floor lamp in the living room, and all of these combined are more than enough for light. Finally, the living room has three 3-pin 2 Amp sockets. As I have plenty of light and I will not be buying any additional lamps, is there anything else I can do with the space or wiring of the three 3-pin 2 Amp sockets?

Thanks,

Constantine

K

Knobhead

They should be fed off the lighting circuit so don’t think of changing then to 13A

Guitarist

Regular EF Member
It sounds like you have plenty of power outlets already, and as Tony says, they are more than likely off the lighting circuit, or off a dedicated low-current supply. Leave them well alone and they will be happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 46 65.7%
  • Black

Votes: 24 34.3%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.