Discuss Wagossssssssssssssss in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I love wagos. The only 'frustrating' thing is that the 221 (slim, see through/orange lever) which look lovely, don't appear to be permitted to be classed as 'maintenance free' in conjunction with a Wagobox - whereas 222 (grey with orange lever) are. Regardless, still love them!

Ideal Spliceline are quite cool - as it sits dead 'in line' with the cable, whereas Wagos/Ideal levers require a bit of a bend. Not used them much though.

Ideal and Wago's are both rated at 32A when not used in maintenance free mode. For maintenance free installation you have to down rate them both (to 24A)

And these connectors are only ever maintenance free when installed in compliance with the maintenance free instructions supplied with the connector boxes (Wagobox, Wagobox XL and Wagobox XLA for Wagos and the In-Sure box for the Ideal connectors). Using them in any other way means they are not installed in MF mode and must be accessible for inspection.

My personal preference is Wagos because of the availability of the various Wagoboxes.
I 'think', the wagobox has to be secured with a zip tie in the given slot as well to be classed as MF. It's been a while since I rang them and had a chat though, so may be wrong.

I love the quickwire range of JB/connectors. Doing a switch and loop takes literally one minute no earth sleeving and maintenance free as well as small enough to poke up into a 1.5 inch hole in the ceiling to fit those there new fangeld lights where you have to take off the ceiling rose.

I remember when the first push fit wagos came out about the early 2000s

In UK wholesalers maybe. They were available from the likes of RS before that, and going further back I used to throw a few boxes in my suitcase when returning from Europe. I think they were invented in the 1950s but as usual in the UK we're a bit slow to adopt new materials.

I'm not into Wagoboxes though, I don't like the design, but it matters not, as they aren't needed for conduit work and I don't give a flying spoon about MF. They aren't used on the continent either.

What type of maintenance free push in connectors does everyone buy.

Never bought or used a single Wago to this date
I have removed a couple I found on a job
I replaced those with crimps,it gave me a feeling of it being a far superior method of making a safe connection

Hi all,

Here's a selection of the Wago connectors we have on offer.

Search results for: 'wago' - https://www.electrical2go.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=wago

Our online offerings on Wago are being updated as we speak

Carriage paid ( UK mainland) is only £35 inc VAT and if our signed up for a forum account you get an extra 5% off all orders.

Wagossssssssssssssss {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Cheers,
Ivan

Went with andys recommendation and bought from Discount Electrical, Sorry Ivan i will have a look before my next order of them and before the next van stock order. Got a few sponsers to check out and comparenwith the wholesalers now.

Anyone seen these? I have been using them for 45 years and never had a problem!:)View attachment 48741
Fair enough TC..but these days sparks can't be trusted to install them correctly(I presume)
Then again, 'heating engineers' are a completely different animal.
Get this from last year, at a mates house. Installing a new boiler, breaking into a ring final circuit and doing it under the floor boards directly below the CU. (2 spare ways)

Wagossssssssssssssss IMG_1027 - EletriciansForums.net

Wagossssssssssssssss IMG_1028 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Wagossssssssssssssss in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock