Discuss Wannabe sparky in Stoke in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jarmana100

Hello

my name is Andrew; I’m 30 years old and live in Stoke on Trent with my girlfriend and two cats.
I currently work as a Cisco Network Engineer and have done for the past 10 years.

After all these years working in a primarily office environment I decided I wanted a more hands on career change.

I started the C&G 2330 several years ago but unfortunately due to work commitments I had to knock the course on the head.

After another year I realized I’d made a mistake in not pursuing the possible career change and finally completed the C&G 2330 level 2 this July.

During the summer I completed an intensive Plastering course to supplement my electrical studies and to make good any work I do.

I have just started back at college for the level 3 and begin the EAL domestic installer course this weekend with the plan of hopefully doing the 17th Edition and 2391 Inspection and testing courses over the next year.

Having read this forum for several months I have found tons of useful information and realize that all the training courses in the world aren’t going to make me an electrician without any real hands on experience.

I have started ringing electricians to see if I can get work experience at the weekends, obviously free of charge, as a mate but unfortunately have been unsuccessful.

I’m very committed and will do anything to make this change a reality so I shall continue to look.

Anyway, I look forward to continue reading the threads and hopefully I’ll start posting soon.

Cheers

Andy :)

Hello Andy, and welcome to the forum.

You have certainly grafted to do what you have done so far and fair play to you. Good luck with your courses and don't get disheartened by the telephone responses you have had to date. With the determination you have shown so far something will come up.

Look forward to seeing you as a regular "poster".

Reply to Wannabe sparky in Stoke in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net