Currently reading:
Wet Bathroom Earth

Discuss Wet Bathroom Earth in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

claretfan

Can anyone help me ?

I had a water leak in a confined space in the downstairs bathroom. However, the leak spilled directly onto earth bonding wires. When I turned on the bathroom lights, they flickered for a few seconds and then went out, as did the extractor fan.

I've check all fused in the mains fuse box and all seem ok, but the lights still do not work.

What is the likely problem - many thanks

Water damage to the connections for your lights and fan, however there could be a joint that's affected or anything else. Call an electrician to safely isolate the cabling, then when it's dried out they can test the wiring and reconnect it for you.

It wont be the water on the earth bonding connections but more likley water in a fitting which has caused the fault.

You don't say if the fuse box is circuit breakers or rewire fuses.

It really needs checking out by a spark.

Thanks - the fuse box is the rewire fuses type.

All other electrics in the house are fine. I can't understand why any fittings for the lights would be at ground level.

Will they dry out and would the electric shower still be safe to use (that is on its own circuit)

PS - I have called a spark, but he can't come out for a couple of days

Thanks again

All other electrics in the house are fine. I can't understand why any fittings for the lights would be at ground level.

Will they dry out and would the electric shower still be safe to use (that is on its own circuit)

Thanks again

Impossible to say from a chair in front of a computer screen.

Thanks again

Then try another?

Reply to Wet Bathroom Earth in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock