Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss What is a good wireless camera system. in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spoon

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

A guy at work is after a wireless camera system.
6 wireless cameras. No power leads to cameras. Battery powered.
Records onto a hard drive.
Also want to monitor the live feeds on a screen.

There are quite a few when you do a search on Google but I was wondering if someone has a go-to make/model.
Any thoughts or links be great.

Without any power leads, you are looking at solar with battery packs.
I have never found any that will allow for continuous recording / monitoring as the power draw for camera and continuous transmission is generally so high, each camera would require a large solar panel and good size battery.

Thanks for the reply @James.
He does have one of these small wireless cameras that just has a battery and stores the vid to the cloud, but he realised that if he adds another camera he has to pay for another subscription, if you know what I mean.
I think he was looking for something that could do something similar, with 6 cameras, but without subscription and store it on a hard drive.
I didn't know of anything like this, but I told him that I would ask on here.

problem is, with cameras that upload to the cloud, they only upload motion detection or small video clips.
when you want continuous connection the power demand increases by a large amount.

if you can get power to the cameras, then it is an easy fix, loads of people do wifi cameras and an ip type storage device is cheep as chips now days.

best and most reliable will always be hard wired but the wifi stuff on the market is pretty good and will manage for anything other than a bank or bookies.

Reply to What is a good wireless camera system. in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net