uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts to registered members

Discuss Where am I going wrong with conservatory lights? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts to registered members

Mikegh

Esteemed
Reaction score
Yes. But would appreciate a step by step as a beginner to help test and fault find.

A 2-wire voltage tester and check for 230v at fittings that don't work

Check bulbs fitted tight and working

You can then use a voltstick and check on the L-E if possible without tripping RCDs to see what's present if anything

Mikegh

Esteemed
Reaction score
Continuity on L-E is another one if you're trained and only in the right circumstances

So you can possibly establish 230v present , L present and even N present just by testing

But those would require a little experience and can't always be done safely , but it's what's possible to check in the right situation

MagnumPI

DIY
Reaction score
To be honest, I've got very little experience in testing and electrics more broadly so given this is a job at height and with live electricity I'm beginning to think that it might be safer to call a qualified electrician in to look at it.

I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything basic I should be able to do myself.

UNG

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
To be honest, I've got very little experience in testing and electrics more broadly so given this is a job at height and with live electricity I'm beginning to think that it might be safer to call a qualified electrician in to look at it.

I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything basic I should be able to do myself.
If you post your location there may be someone on here who is close by you

Reply to Where am I going wrong with conservatory lights? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net