Discuss Where to buy bright daylight LED ceiling light like those in Spain in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Offcumden

DIY
Reaction score
I live in the UK but really admire some of the interior lighting in Spanish houses etc. In particular nice bright LED panels often found on kitchen ceilings. Not marvellous aesthetically, but they give a really useful, bright light. I can't seem to find anything resembling that online here, except things that look like they need to go in a suspended ceiling. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Generally they are 600mm x 600mm led panels and they are usually mounted jn suspended ceilings. Most can be bought with surface mount kits for your purpose though. 6000k or similar gives off a daylight colour.

I've got 2 x 600 x 600 led panels (the type normaly in suspended) on my kitchen ceiling for when I'm using it as a workshop...
I put the driver units on top of cupboards and just ran a low voltage cable over to the panel to keep the panel to ceiling space small.
I made some surface brackets to get the panels close to the ceiling , I didn't use the surface box type mount.
They are bright.

It's normally lit by LED strip under and above the cabinets.

Where to buy bright daylight LED ceiling light like those in Spain DSC_0255[1].JPG - EletriciansForums.netWhere to buy bright daylight LED ceiling light like those in Spain DSC_0253[1].JPG - EletriciansForums.netWhere to buy bright daylight LED ceiling light like those in Spain DSC_0254[1].JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, though I'm not sure the very utilitarian panels available would go down well with the other homeowner if I fitted one over our kitchen table..... I seem to remember the fixtures I've seen in Spain were a bit softer around the edges. Will keep on looking.

Here's one I fitted recently looks okay as its fully enclosed only downside is you need enough room around the fitting to slide it into the frame so

Where to buy bright daylight LED ceiling light like those in Spain PXL_20210222_095134192 - EletriciansForums.netWhere to buy bright daylight LED ceiling light like those in Spain PXL_20210222_092333709 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Where to buy bright daylight LED ceiling light like those in Spain in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock