Discuss Work experience in North Devon needed in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Daytona955

Before i start here i asked Dan for permission to run this `AD` and got the go ahead. A brief run down on what ive done is below followed by what im in need of. Wont do a full CV but will try to outline my experiences and quals.

Mechanical engineering apprenticeship at 16 for four years, which included BTEC qual, YTS qual ( remember them? ) EITB cert in mechanical engineering. Generally a full apprenticeship which covered broad based engineering. ( ie , robotics, pneumatics, CAD , welding and much more ) . Even had to do domestic wiring and electronics basics for some bizarre reason.

In the last 20 years have always been hands on with metal and machinery. Fixing machines, setting machines, fabrication work etc etc. Problem solving being a daily event and obviosly now very experienced in all the hands on part of mechanical engineering. Am used to being versatile and taking my hand to most things succesfully.

A year ago deccided id had enough of factory life ( think it was decided much longer ago but didnt know a way out ) and decided to cross train into electrical engineering ( which was what i wanted to do in the first place but they had run out of electrical engineering placements ).

Have been cross training with OLCI which is learn at home , attend and be constantly assessed on practical skills and theory knowledge. Spent almost a year on it so far.

So far have passed everything with credits and disticnctions accruing my c&g 2330 level 2 and level 3 ( awaiting a last test result on level 3 but believe it went ok ) , and passing a part P exam this week . Once i get the final result in on the level 3 im allowed to take the 17th edition exam and then at some point will take the 2391 .

Now i was going to go self employed and slowly go alone picking some of this up as i go HOWEVER i know there is nothing like an experienced professional to pick things up very fast. Id much rather go this route.

Im looking for anyone in the north devon area who may appreciate FREE labour ( and i dont mind all the dirty jobs as long as i get an insight into the job hands on and working from the bottom up is the way to go in my opinion ) where i can also start filling out my NVQ3 on site book by doing a few more professional jobs . I have a car so can travel around so it doesnt have to be in my immediate area, can work around my main job as i work weird shifts and can even be available all day on a saturday and most fridays along with mornings or afternoons mon - thurs . Im not going to throw in main job until i have a foothold in this...id be mad to.

This may ultimately lead to someone taking me on or if they werent able to then no problem as the experience is worth its weight in gold.

So if anyone is interested , in or around my area (bideford) , of some free help repaying me in knowledge and on the job experience please email me on here or give me a nudge..I can even reg with Napit,get my insurance or reg as self employed etc if that really helps. You would have to let me know what you need me to do.

Thanks, John.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Work experience in North Devon needed in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock