Discuss working out loading of transformers in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I obviously know ohms law 60 divided by 230 is .26 but doesnt v means 1000 so it should be 6000 divided 230 which is 26.08amps which is totally ridiculous.can anyone understand my logic ??? Some large portable site yellow transformers are 5kva so i presume they can take 21amps is this correct??

Just nicked this from another site,

[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]Transformer load :
transformer load ratings can be indicated for the primary and/or secondary side. The majority of the time, we size transformers by the secondary rating. Typically the transformer will be rated by VA (volt x amperes) or KVA (1000 x volt amperes). Volt amperes is actually the wattage of your load, so if the load of your secondary is 4 amps and the secondary voltage is 120 volts, the minimum VA rating you require is going to be 120V x 4A= 480 VA (watts). Therefore the minimum VA you require is 480VA or the next size up available.[/FONT]

Reply to working out loading of transformers in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock