Currently reading:
10 second trip

Discuss 10 second trip in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

It's not a shared n. Been working for the past year they said. IR test 0mohms between L and N.

Could damp cause it to trip after 10 secs? Why dies it happen after that long. Surly with a short it would trip straight away?
A low IR test with a megger tester doesn't indicate a 'short' it indicates an insulation or earth leakage fault. Just incidentally if it's an RCD tripping fault why are you testing between the L+N instead of linking the L+N together and testing to earth?

If we can get down to the nitty gritty of what tests you have conducted and how....it may shed some light (good pun) on whats causing the fault

Jiga, for hell's sake there's a procedure for fault finding. It's fairly basic stuff.
Put together a list of what tests you have carried out and how you have broken the circuit down and then maybe we can help you out.

I love it when Trev starts to get mad. All northerners have this perfect zone where sarcasm and honesty are perfectly merged.

I do think the OP gave up though
that's the thing with us northerners,we're plain speaking,if you don't like it you shouldn't have joined as my old mum used to say.Or in this case the op should have explained himself properly,honestly the way some people are so cryptic you'd think they worked for mi5.

I think, and its only a opinion mind you, that if you read through the posts like a script its like Hancocks Half Hour, Sorry if its before your time but most will get it,

Reply to 10 second trip in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock