Search the forum,

Discuss 2011 Amendment in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SPARTYKUS

Hello

straight to it, do I need to do another blinkin' exam now?

I've got my 17th (when it came out, 2008). Will I have to show another certificate when my renewal with the robbers-I mean scheme providers comes up?

Or will I just need to own a copy of the BGB and answer any questions competently.

Or none of the above and just not bother registering (seriously)

EDIT

just looked at IET site:

"If you have a recent 2382-10 qualification you can:
  • Attend a half day seminar and/or study Amendment No 1 before taking the 2382-12 which will test you on the whole of the first amendment not just the changes;"

So... looks like if you're up to it you can study on your own and just pay for the exam .... ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I sincerely hope and expect that the answer is a very big NO
icon13.png

We get the proverbial p taken out of us in this industry without another urine extracting excuse on top

The part p looks to becoming an ancient relic when the consultation document turns into reality,contributing to the coffers of these schemes may be something to avoid in future and the amendments don't justify yet another hurdle

Definitely no need to take a new exam. By all means do an amendment 1 course if you are not confident of being able to absorb the changes in regulations from reading the BGB. The major part P scheme registration bodies are doing a series of free update road shows (which are often open to non-members) around the country, this maybe all you require to get up to speed, particularly with the new parts to the regulations. The IET also offer a recording of a web cast covering the amendments, however, it is typical IET dry as dust, more a case of stating the changes but little insight, interpretation or implication, IMO the least best option on offer. Having been to NICEIC, ELECSA, SELECT and NAPIT open Amendment 1 events, I can recommend all of them. I got most from the ELECSA offering but that may have been because having attended two other shows and home study of the BGB and On-Site guide I was able to ask more searching questions. The scheme registration websites have details of their individual diaries of forthcoming events.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 2011 Amendment in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back