Discuss 3 phase db converted to single phase with 10mm earth in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

When fitting, make sure to fit as per picture on link. They come with no instructions.
I fitted one last weekend, as I had a similar issue that was a defect on EICR. Mine was slightly worse, as they were linked with 6mm2 singles.

I have seen these linking kits installed under the main switch, which is not a good idea as you have a nice shiny piece of live metal when cover is removed.

The linking kit sits nicely on existing bus bars, and the main switch then holds it in place.
Do the kits come with blanking plugs for unused terminals, otherwise they would be left exposed live, if anyone was stupid enough to stick thier finger in?

Do the kits come with blanking plugs for unused terminals, otherwise they would be left exposed live, if anyone was stupid enough to stick thier finger in?

Nope.

You get the shorting bar only. Tighten the spare terminals all the way, then there is less chance of touching the live terminals. You would have to really try to get a shock off it.

Anyway, I know you would isolate the DB before removing the cover, so the spare terminals would not be live as they are linked on load side of switch.

Reply to 3 phase db converted to single phase with 10mm earth in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock