Discuss 32amp radial in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
In a school today helping an approved contractor.

There is a over door fan heater on a 32amp radial fed off a rotary isolator.

It then goes into a bank of 3 switches that are used to control it.

The swtchs are double pole rated at 20 amps.

Isn't that a danger being on a 32 amp 4mm mcb

If the heater is over 20A then the switch would be overloaded (even if elements are split) as one is used to switch to whole load.

As it's a fixed load, the cable and switches only need to be rated for the load - not the protective device, so it all depends on the size of the load.

Are you sure it's a 20A switch in the drid and not a 32A?
If the heater is over 20A then the switch would be overloaded (even if elements are split) as one is used to switch to whole load.

As it's a fixed load, the cable and switches only need to be rated for the load - not the protective device, so it all depends on the size of the load.

Didnt think you could get a 32amp grid switch...

You may find that the switches only switch relays or contractors within the heater so no load as such.

Reply to 32amp radial in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at a vending hot drinks machine 2.9kW that has a thermostatically controlled hot water tank permanently attached to a water supply...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A diversity question concerning 2 consumer units fed from 100amp DNO supply Background, So I have an 18th Ed compliant consumer...
Replies
Views
I have a dedicated radial from the consumer unit to my conservatory. This was installed using 4mm twin and earth as it gives the option to use...
Replies
Views
The garage is 17 mtrs x 15 mtrs in the UKh The house has a 100 amp supply to the house consumer unit. The garage consumer unit is fed from a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock