Search the forum,

Discuss 6Kw Sauna in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If it is in commercial use then i believe it is the law now .
So it is prevented from waisting to much energy with the door left open .

If you will pick me up in Nottingham (I can’t drive now) I’ll have a look for you. a couple of pints in the big Forester’s and your sorted.
You're doing the work!
PM me.

Tony , your a good man , if i remember right this is not the first favour you have offered with the Foresters en route !:54:

Tony , your a good man , if i remember right this is not the first favour you have offered with the Foresters en route !:54:

The Foresters is on the way back once we’ve sorted out what needs doing. I may be an old soak but there’s thing you have to keep in the right order.

I’m more than happy to help new_spark, but it will be pointing the right direction, not me doing the job.

new_spark, I’m not the two headed ogre that some will have you believe. Sometimes I’m almost human!
The biggest factor is if we need cable and/or a contactor. The contactor is an off the shelf item, the cable??? One thing is for certain the contactor has to be outside the sauna, preferably near to the control unit. Unlike someone suggested the heat doesn’t cut off as the door is opened. Does your oven at home cut off when you check on the roasties?

Drop me a PM

If you goggle " Oceanic oc-sa ll instructions " this will give you some ideas of what is needed , this is the one i have .
The cable will need to be at least HO7RN-F , as for the door switch Tony it was a note on a separate piece of paper that came with the controller saying it was now a requirement if being fitted on commercial sauna's , I can only assume it is to stop people just leaving the door wide open and the sauna on after they have finished ?
The controller can either be factory built in to the heater or on the outside of the sauna only !

I think i will have to grab a bottle of Batemans out of the fridge and me copy of the regs and go for a period of contemplation in the sauna now ! Good call what ?

Last edited:

Reply to 6Kw Sauna in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back