Discuss Advice on V Phase Voltage Optimisation Units in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I was only wondering how these vphase units optimise the voltage at 220v if the supply voltage was lower than 220v but I think he may now be trying to sell sand to the arabs:21: due to his lack of response

Completely unrelated to this thread subject but...... You would be surprised at the enormous amount of sand that IS sold to the Arabs countries. The sand they have in abundance, is totally unsuitable for building purposes, it's more of a chemical rich dust, than actual sand... lol!!

I have a bottle of Sahara Desert from a trip one time, and yes, it's more like flour than sand!

I was only wondering how these vphase units optimise the voltage at 220v if the supply voltage was lower than 220v but I think he may now be trying to sell sand to the arabs:21: due to his lack of response

Perhaps he has given up trying to educate idiots it is pretty obvious that if your supply voltage is less than 220v it wont benefit from being reduced.

Then more fool them, The V phase domestic unit is of little use to man nor beast. Expensive to buy, expensive and complicated to install, and pay back times are abysmal, as it runs more on the by-pass mode, than it does on what it was installed for, ....saving money mode!!

These days the management of a lot of organisations are non technical bean counters who will buy into an idea if they think it will save money and increase their bonus. Is it any surprise that some people are suckered in to buying this technology without considering the evidence and the facts or the lack of them

Then more fool them, The V phase domestic unit is of little use to man nor beast. Expensive to buy, expensive and complicated to install, and pay back times are abysmal, as it runs more on the by-pass mode, than it does on what it was installed for, ....saving money mode!!

Im an electrician and have brought one of these units (oh no I'm a defector) to have a play with, my main intention is to protect my equipment. Which is one point not mentioned here much..
Surely this unit has much more value in the fact it could be a life line to all your interconnected equipment.
Most of our equipment is designed around a European voltage and all those switch mode drivers in my precious led lights don't like 253v intravenously injected into its backside. Other things like laptop and computer power supply's, cfl lighting, central heating controllers etc will run cooler and last longer Cfls fail because they run to hot and the fridge is surely working harder than it needs too..

Could be the best £60 I've spent!

Im an electrician and have brought one of these units (oh no I'm a defector) to have a play with, my main intention is to protect my equipment. Which is one point not mentioned here much..
Surely this unit has much more value in the fact it could be a life line to all your interconnected equipment.
Most of our equipment is designed around a European voltage and all those switch mode drivers in my precious led lights don't like 253v intravenously injected into its backside. Other things like laptop and computer power supply's, cfl lighting, central heating controllers etc will run cooler and last longer Cfls fail because they run to hot and the fridge is surely working harder than it needs too..

Could be the best £60 I've spent!

Except when it goes into bypass mode above 20A,

Just had another thought, we go to all the trouble of calculating Volt drop (albeit at 230) and then introduce a whopping circa 20V drop at the origin with one of these devices.

Just a thought, hmm.

Except when it goes into bypass mode above 20A,

Which will be like never... Hopefully.
Ill just use it on lights and general power and even if we use above 4kw r It won't be for long.

If I could get them all for £60 I'd even think about offering them to my customers, just for points mentioned about equipment protection let alone the (supposed) benefits of saving energy.

I brought it cash through eBay (brand new no box)

Not sure how well it regulates the 220v but looking at the components used it's pretty well made.

£60 is cheap for peace of mind knowing my down lights are not going to pop all over the house. The boiler control board cost me £130 so if it stops that from blowing up I'd be happy too.
And it certainly isn't crap from the components inside, I work (sub contract) for a transformer manufacturing company and understand a little about transformers and how expensive they can be.

Last edited by a moderator:
£60 is cheap for peace of mind knowing my down lights are not going to pop all over the house. The boiler control board cost me £130 so if it stops that from blowing up I'd be happy too.
And it certainly isn't crap from the components inside, I work (sub contract) for a transformer manufacturing company and understand a little about transformer design.

If you say so!! ...lol!!

Capital C or not, I couldn't careless let's see if it works at saving my equipment.
Then I'll judge.

How are you going to prove that if you don't mind me asking, are you going to run identical equipment from this unit and some direct as a control ?
How big is your sample ?

Are you expecting multiple equipment failure on a regular basis ?

They went bust all because of you guys lol
my method of control is:
does my stuff work for the next 25years with this thing interconnected...?

ill let you know in a 1/4 of a century.

Reply to Advice on V Phase Voltage Optimisation Units in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net