Discuss Advice on V Phase Voltage Optimisation Units in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

They went bust all because of you guys lol
my method of control is:
does my stuff work for the next 25years with this thing interconnected...?

ill let you know in a 1/4 of a century.

Like anybody takes any notice of us lol

No, they went bust by trying to sell snake oil and bending the laws of physics, which we tried to tell them.

Seriously though, if they were any good they would have made a fortune, particularly with energy costs these days and the current economic climate (pardon the pun)

They went bust all because of you guys lol
my method of control is:
does my stuff work for the next 25years with this thing interconnected...?

ill let you know in a 1/4 of a century.

How will you know that this unit saved your equipment or that early failure without it was just normal wear and tear

Says it all really. Someone wanted to get rid of it.
Client went bust apparently.
How else do you suppose I protect my equipment then? With an off the self product that won't make my insurance invalid if my house burns down?
my purchase being slagged off an all...

If you're happy spending £60 plus the time and effort installing it, I'm very happy for you.
All I can add is that my computers, hifi, lamps, combi etc etc seem to have functioned perfectly fine for the last 20 odd years running off the crude mains! :)

Client went bust apparently.
How else do you suppose I protect my equipment then? With an off the self product that won't make my insurance invalid if my house burns down?
my purchase being slagged off an all...

If it isn't on off the shelf product that you have bought what is it

Personally I think you are barking just not sure which tree these VPhase things are just like the kings new clothes you have been sold an idea that is not all it seems and cannot meet the claims made for it

It'll take me about 15mins to install and cost £60 and I'm barking?
problem:
incoming supply voltage 251v
We have things blowing up or not lasting like led drivers.
Solution?

It'll take me about 15mins to install and cost £60 and I'm barking?
problem:
incoming supply voltage 251v
We have things blowing up or not lasting like led drivers.
Solution?

15 mins, i think not?? Not if you install it, as per manufactures instructions it won't!! lol!!

Never mind home PC’s. For 35 years I’ve had PC’s at work on a 433/250V system. Terrible harmonic distortion when a 400HP motor starts DOL.

Funny thing, I’ve never had one fail, I wonder why? Most died of old age, like me!

I’m not writing all my finding on voltage reduction again, use the search function.

Never mind home PC’s. For 35 years I’ve had PC’s at work on a 433/250V system. Terrible harmonic distortion when a 400HP motor starts DOL.

Funny thing, I’ve never had one fail, I wonder why? Most died of old age, like me!

I’m not writing all my finding on voltage reduction again, use the search function.

Jesus i still can't get any of you to see my perspective of this.. Ive not been sucked into any gimmick I didn't even realise these things were available until the Elecsa inspection on Monday. Got talking to the assessor about what options I had...

REPEAT ITS NOT ABOUT SAVING MONEY ON MY BILL!

You want me to remove before I've even installed it.. At least let me see if my lights work!
yes it'll take me 15mins possibly less. I could even part p it online and have time to spare. (Although I've not looked at the instructions) it's still 15mins I've not got (the joys of becoming a dad)

Also not that I brought it for my PC but most psu's for desktops are well designed and built, but some switch mode psu's for laptop's they don't like the extra heat 250v brings!

Anyway im out, I was only suggesting a specific point of use for this piece of Crap that seemed to have been missed in theoriginal post about the product.

All you you haters be haters and enjoy your life!
ill do it at 220v for £60 and he hated till the cows come home if my beloved led down lights keep working.

Just do it!

You’ve convinced yourself it will improve things so I doubt we’ll get a reasoned argument for or against.

To get realistic results you need to conduct the test over several years. The big problem is creating a baseline comparison.

TnT developments will handle the sales. Trev deals with the smoke and mirrors, I sell the snake oil. We’ve been doing it for years!

Just do it!

You’ve convinced yourself it will improve things so I doubt we’ll get a reasoned argument for or against.

To get realistic results you need to conduct the test over several years. The big problem is creating a baseline comparison.

TnT developments will handle the sales. Trev deals with the smoke and mirrors, I sell the snake oil. We’ve been doing it for years!

Still not one solution to my problem. Just an argument against this product.
The comparrison will be: no faulty equipment - happy man and I get to say told you so! If it don't then your welcome to buy it off me for your wall of Crappy fame.

So what I'll do is listen to you guys, I'll not fit it cause its crap sorry Crap, I'll then continue to have my equipment go faulty. I'll tell the mrs not to worry about the boiler control panel blowing up again cause you guys know it's not worth fitting a Crap product like this to protect it.

Forum closets gotta love em.

i should become a plumber they have no-directional thought patterns.

yes it'll take me 15mins possibly less. I could even part p it online and have time to spare. (Although I've not looked at the instructions) it's still 15mins I've not got (the joys of becoming a dad)

If you install the VPhase AS per manufacturers instructions, then i'll put money on you not installing it in 15 mins. But it sounds that you know best, right!! You do know i take it, that the Vphase unit is not just connected to supply the whole CU dont you?? You seem to want to make an argument for a bit of kit you've only just heard about.

I hope it works for you, i really do!! But as far as i can tell you'll really never know for sure. But i suppose if nothing happens to your equipment one way or the other, you'll convince yourself you were right anyway!! lol!!

I better have a look at the instructions then.. Surely 4screws a bit of 16mm tails and a 50a breaker can't possibly take much longer unless I get the plumber to do it?

I'm sure we will know in the first few years, if we don't replace any equipment, that's enough for us. Regardless of really knowing for sure if it works. (Which I'd say it was if so)

Btw I wasn't making an argument for it I was just trying to get someone to give me a better solution as soon as my purchase got slagged off.

I think if things were being damaged and the supply voltage was close to the upper supply level allowed I would be contacting the DNO for them to check, had this before where the DNO had a fault on the local network because auto tapping transformers were not set up properly

A few years ago a mate of mine who lives in a rural area had various electrical items damaged including 3 microwaves. He borrowed some monitoring kit from where he works and found that he was periodically getting voltage spikes of up to 1000v lasting for a few cycles, DNO put their own monitoring equipment in but it was not sensitive enough although they did act on my mates evidence and did find the fault and paid for the damaged equipment and some compensation

No need for one of these silly boxes

I think if things were being damaged and the supply voltage was close to the upper supply level allowed I would be contacting the DNO for them to check, had this before where the DNO had a fault on the local network because auto tapping transformers were not set up properly

A few years ago a mate of mine who lives in a rural area had various electrical items damaged including 3 microwaves. He borrowed some monitoring kit from where he works and found that he was periodically getting voltage spikes of up to 1000v lasting for a few cycles, DNO put their own monitoring equipment in but it was not sensitive enough although they did act on my mates evidence and did find the fault and paid for the damaged equipment and some compensation

No need for one of these silly boxes

I have spoke to central networks who have
had it monitored, it falls within specification. Obviously I can't be sure if they are telling the truth.

I used to work for a company employed by all the distributors testing consumers installations after distributor neutral faults, but before re-energizing. The fault usually blowing up all equipment connected to the network. As you will know this type of fault causes high voltage spikes, I'd also be repairing peoples blown VDR's in essential equipment to get back on. Other operatives from the company would collect all the faulty equipment and take it back to our office to either be repaired or replaced. Horrible job.

still not fitted it, looked at instruction manual though it is a bit **** it can only handle 8amps continuous. Still a 15min job plus tea and biscuits exactly how I imagined if even easier 50amp MCB feeding unit in 10mm then back feeding my second RCD in cu with a couple of circuits to re-arrange to feed single rcbos

still not fitted it, looked at instruction manual though it is a bit **** it can only handle 8amps continuous. Still a 15min job plus tea and biscuits exactly how I imagined if even easier 50amp MCB feeding unit in 10mm then back feeding my second RCD in cu with a couple of circuits to re-arrange to feed single rcbos

Like you've been told, ....a heap of Crap!! Still think less than 15 mins then, sounds like it's going to be a butchers job!! ...lol!!

Reply to Advice on V Phase Voltage Optimisation Units in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net