Discuss Advice on V Phase Voltage Optimisation Units in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

let's simplify the argument and iust line up the cliches...

You can't get out more than you put in;
P=VI;
There's no such thing as a free lunch;
Free cheese comes on mousetraps;

[add your own.....]

It doesn't, in fact a lot of the more relevant stuff has been dropped from their website. It was a little too revealing to the more technically minded reader!! .... lol!! They seem to be concentrating on obscure carbon savings these days. The only people interested in that are the anoraks of this world! ...lol!!

As I said "supposed to have" the fact it doesn't is another matter. All it has are some dodgy case studies and testimonials for this energy saving placebo as that all it appears to be

To add a cliché or two

B******T baffles some people

If it looks to good to be true then it is

Well, what can I say. Firstly, thank you to all of those that have answered my question and I apologise for the massive debate that I have started. Unfortunately alot of what has been said is completely out of my understanding but what is apparent is that this is not a worthwhile investment.
For all of you sceptics, I do not work for V Phase but I admit it has been interesting reading your debate and thoughts.

"We're also not saying that VPhase is an exclusive technology. It should be used alongside other technology options, such as the LED (or even CFL) lighting that you suggest."

Doesnt the use of other "technology options" reduce the so called effectiveness of your unit?
Looks to me like you've just taken a shotgun to that club foot of yours.
Its also the size of a cu, how many properties have space for another cu.
You quote that savings are to be made over 5yrs on a £200 unit. Brilliant what about a sparks time and materials to fit it, this could run to a new cu when its not even required. The practical problems and cost of fitting this unit are endless. Mind you the install works well on your mock up at EA's, sorry vphase's, HQ.
Do yourself a favour and dont try and sell this product to people who know better, physics is not going to changed in the forseeable future.
Business must be good if your having a go at selling to folk like us. Normally people target the forums first as a marketing strategy and approach the forum through the proper channels (take LINE) or use the boards as a back door when they get desparate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must apologise that I have caused such a stir with you Big n Daft and can assure you that this was in no way a marketing strategy on behalf of V Phase. It was a genuine question to ask genuine electricians their views on the units.

Thanks for getting back us Jenny, it's nice when we get some feed back.

Sorry if the outcome wasn't what you expectd. But you've got some honest answers.

Well, what can I say. Firstly, thank you to all of those that have answered my question and I apologise for the massive debate that I have started. Unfortunately alot of what has been said is completely out of my understanding but what is apparent is that this is not a worthwhile investment.
For all of you sceptics, I do not work for V Phase but I admit it has been interesting reading your debate and thoughts.

There's no need to apologise Jenny.

I thank you for starting this very interesting debate. It's one of the best I've seen for a while. :)

Thanks for this very useful debate, I have been tasked to look into this as part of additional energy saving options for our customers. I have seen a big East Angilan electrical contractors offering it so thought it might be a credible technology.

I would like to sell ice to an Eskimo but I like to sleep at night...

Talking to a spark from one of the DNO's yesterday europe is again trying to change the supply voltage to 230 +/- 10% if this goes through I would like to know how these units are going to optimise the voltage at 220v when the supply voltage could be as low as 207v. Just had a news feed advising of gas and electric scams where people are being offered boxes that will save electric!!! mmmm

Anyone who decides to fit one of these Vphase units to an already installed dual RCD board, I wish you all the luck in the world.

They only work for certain circuits right, so how the hell do you reconfigure a dual RCD CU so circuits are still split across both RCDs properly then fed via a Vphase.

Not easily I think

I reckon the only sensible way to run them would be to get a small split board fed solely from the vphase, but the incomers on the units won't accept tails so you'd need to fit a dedicated circuit in the old board and use a bit of 16mm.

So, more initial configuration expense, even longer payback.

In fairness to vPhase, they do say that the best time to fit one is when replacing the CU.

I reckon the only sensible way to run them would be to get a small split board fed solely from the vphase, but the incomers on the units won't accept tails so you'd need to fit a dedicated circuit in the old board and use a bit of 16mm.

So, more initial configuration expense, even longer payback.

In fairness to vPhase, they do say that the best time to fit one is when replacing the CU.

I reckon the only sensible way, ...is to stay well clear of these Vphase units, Full Stop!!!

I reckon the only sensible way, ...is to stay well clear of these Vphase units, Full Stop!!!

I don't hear anyone on here disagreeing with you, least of all me!

Unless I’m very much mistaken I think the members of this board have christened the VPhase an unmitigated impractical failure.

I’ll happily read any evidence to the contrary, and if substantiated data is given I’ll review my opinion.
You all know I have nothing to gain or loose with these units, as with most things I stand on the sidelines and offer advise when I can. My advise on this one is save the unit and installation costs by keeping your money in your pocket. 100% recovery of installation costs instantly.

PS I don’t rate them:death:

Last edited by a moderator:
"As seen on TV". So were my mum's pot plants.

"As seen on TV".

So have a lot of other products that failed or never made it to market, you only need to look at Dragons Den a lot appear never to be seen again

And vphase doesn't defend it now on the forum, so does his silence speak volumes for the product ?

For goodness sake don’t rattle his cage you’ll wake him.

I was only wondering how these vphase units optimise the voltage at 220v if the supply voltage was lower than 220v but I think he may now be trying to sell sand to the arabs:21: due to his lack of response

Reply to Advice on V Phase Voltage Optimisation Units in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net