• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Aritect CS350 Alarm installed by Oakpark Alarms - Engineer Code in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Traveller19

EF Member
Hi All

I have a Aritech Alarm installed by Oakpark Alarms who have ceased trading.

Can someone please PM me the Engineer Codes?

Thanks

SparkyChick

Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla
Staff member
You have to understand that some people may know the code but be unwilling to divulge it to someone they don't know in a public forum.

It may also be a panel that not many of us know anything about.

Have you tried contacting the company that installed it? If you have a service contract with them I could understand them withholding it, but I think they would struggle to justify not providing it if you don't. For all the customers whose alarms I look after, I don't provide them with the code (partly because I have a keyfob that grants engineering access and partly because I don't want to get called out for an issue that arises from bad programming that I didn't do).

Traveller19

EF Member
You have to understand that some people may know the code but be unwilling to divulge it to someone they don't know in a public forum.

It may also be a panel that not many of us know anything about.

Have you tried contacting the company that installed it? If you have a service contract with them I could understand them withholding it, but I think they would struggle to justify not providing it if you don't. For all the customers whose alarms I look after, I don't provide them with the code (partly because I have a keyfob that grants engineering access and partly because I don't want to get called out for an issue that arises from bad programming that I didn't do).
Thank you for your reply. Yes of course I understand that people might not be willing to give out the code, but sadly the company that installed it are no longer trading and the Aritech codes that I've found don't work so I assume Oakpark installed their own.

I totally understand the not want to get a call out for bad programming that you didn't do.

How do you recommend I get around this issue - apart from obviously changing the alarm ;-)

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
Hi All

I have a Aritech Alarm installed by Oakpark Alarms who have ceased trading.

Can someone please PM me the Engineer Codes?

Thanks
look at the PCB.towards the top left is a large IC. just to the left of that is a small jumper on 2 pins.power down, remove jumper.power up with jumper still off. then try 1278.

might then find that user code is 1122.

replace jumper when finished

SparkyChick

Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla
Staff member
If the company that makes the panel still exists (which I guess they do), you could give them a call and explain the situation. They may be able to advise you, but be warned, many companies won't help people who aren't registered as installers.

If it were me, I'd be looking to make a note of which zone does what and then I'd go for a hard reset on the panel to restore factory defaults and then I'd reprogram it.

Failing that, engage the services of an alarm company to reset the panel and reprogram it, ensuring they provide you with the code. For an idea on cost, if someone asked me to do this, I'd probably be looking at around an hour.

Traveller19

EF Member
If the company that makes the panel still exists (which I guess they do), you could give them a call and explain the situation. They may be able to advise you, but be warned, many companies won't help people who aren't registered as installers.

If it were me, I'd be looking to make a note of which zone does what and then I'd go for a hard reset on the panel to restore factory defaults and then I'd reprogram it.

Failing that, engage the services of an alarm company to reset the panel and reprogram it, ensuring they provide you with the code. For an idea on cost, if someone asked me to do this, I'd probably be looking at around an hour.
I've got the Engineer codes from Aritect, but they don't work. So I believe that Oakpark installed their own code. I've been informed that if Oakpark installed their own code then a hard reset won't work as and will render the unit inoperable.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.