Discuss Aritect CS350 Alarm installed by Oakpark Alarms - Engineer Code in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You have to understand that some people may know the code but be unwilling to divulge it to someone they don't know in a public forum.

It may also be a panel that not many of us know anything about.

Have you tried contacting the company that installed it? If you have a service contract with them I could understand them withholding it, but I think they would struggle to justify not providing it if you don't. For all the customers whose alarms I look after, I don't provide them with the code (partly because I have a keyfob that grants engineering access and partly because I don't want to get called out for an issue that arises from bad programming that I didn't do).

You have to understand that some people may know the code but be unwilling to divulge it to someone they don't know in a public forum.

It may also be a panel that not many of us know anything about.

Have you tried contacting the company that installed it? If you have a service contract with them I could understand them withholding it, but I think they would struggle to justify not providing it if you don't. For all the customers whose alarms I look after, I don't provide them with the code (partly because I have a keyfob that grants engineering access and partly because I don't want to get called out for an issue that arises from bad programming that I didn't do).

Thank you for your reply. Yes of course I understand that people might not be willing to give out the code, but sadly the company that installed it are no longer trading and the Aritech codes that I've found don't work so I assume Oakpark installed their own.

I totally understand the not want to get a call out for bad programming that you didn't do.

How do you recommend I get around this issue - apart from obviously changing the alarm ;-)

Hi All

I have a Aritech Alarm installed by Oakpark Alarms who have ceased trading.

Can someone please PM me the Engineer Codes?

Thanks
look at the PCB.towards the top left is a large IC. just to the left of that is a small jumper on 2 pins.power down, remove jumper.power up with jumper still off. then try 1278.

might then find that user code is 1122.

replace jumper when finished

If the company that makes the panel still exists (which I guess they do), you could give them a call and explain the situation. They may be able to advise you, but be warned, many companies won't help people who aren't registered as installers.

If it were me, I'd be looking to make a note of which zone does what and then I'd go for a hard reset on the panel to restore factory defaults and then I'd reprogram it.

Failing that, engage the services of an alarm company to reset the panel and reprogram it, ensuring they provide you with the code. For an idea on cost, if someone asked me to do this, I'd probably be looking at around an hour.

If the company that makes the panel still exists (which I guess they do), you could give them a call and explain the situation. They may be able to advise you, but be warned, many companies won't help people who aren't registered as installers.

If it were me, I'd be looking to make a note of which zone does what and then I'd go for a hard reset on the panel to restore factory defaults and then I'd reprogram it.

Failing that, engage the services of an alarm company to reset the panel and reprogram it, ensuring they provide you with the code. For an idea on cost, if someone asked me to do this, I'd probably be looking at around an hour.

I've got the Engineer codes from Aritect, but they don't work. So I believe that Oakpark installed their own code. I've been informed that if Oakpark installed their own code then a hard reset won't work as and will render the unit inoperable.

my post was wrong panel, soz. but look for a jumper on your panel and try the same procedure.

not sure if it defaults everything or just the codes. if it fails, replace panel with a texecom, accenta, or eurosec. ( the last one would be my choice, as i use risco gear exclusively).

Reply to Aritect CS350 Alarm installed by Oakpark Alarms - Engineer Code in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock