Currently reading:
Bargain!

Discuss Bargain! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I went in Homebase a week or two ago and noticed the Masterplug IP66 Double 13A Weatherproof Sockets were down at £5 each, so naturally I cleared them out thinking I was getting a bargain!

Today on my day off, with two kids and a buggy, I go in there and see them at £2.93 each!!

2015-06-30 11.39.40.jpg

So naturally I took all they had, which unfortunately was only 7 and they cannot get any more!

2015-06-30 21.11.58.jpg

So 7 of these for £20.51, see receipt below, seriously they went through the till at that price!

2015-06-30 21.17.12.jpg

It may be worth checking your local Homebase to see if they are marked up cheap there too.

I still a 7mm hole or 8mm in brick, get a brown plug and bang if in with a hammer for s good fix, and fix it to death with screws that are way too big. Back boxes etc are fixed the same but with two screws, I hate people who use 1" screws!

I still a 7mm hole or 8mm in brick, get a brown plug and bang if in with a hammer for s good fix, and fix it to death with screws that are way too big. Back boxes etc are fixed the same but with two screws, I hate people who use 1" screws!
ill take great pleasure in using my boxes of 3/4" screws then lol.

what is the point in using brown plugs for boxes?

the only time ill use brown is in a last ditch attempt before bonding/glue to fix boxes

Reply to Bargain! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back