Discuss Becoming An Electrician (Already Fully Qualified Gas Engineer) in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dev1872

Alright guys looking for some advice, I am currently a fully qualified gas engineer for one of the bigger energy companies. I am looking to add to my skills and would love to becoming a qualified electrician, this was what I originally wanted to be 5 years ago at 16. My company are quite open to re-training and would allow me time to work with a qualified spark, makes it easier I do a 4 even sometimes 3 day week for 6 months of the year. Just wondering what would be the best route, if I could align a course and some on site work or if its best to do this at college, wouldn't mind paying for a course if I could gain all relevant qualifications tied in with on site training/experience. Cheers!

If your company is willing to help you out with days at college and work placements, then the best route is to contact your local college and enquire about the city and guilds 2357 (this incorporates all you need to be qualified i,e tech cert, nvq3 and AM2...........if you need to go to night classes then the city and guilds 2365 is the route to take (this is your tech cert) then complete the nvq3 and AM2 separately...

Yeah would probably be night classes. How do you go about doing the separate nvq and AM2, sorry if these are stupid questions just want to know what is needed before I go enquiring.

Reply to Becoming An Electrician (Already Fully Qualified Gas Engineer) in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

There's been a few changes recently at the company I work for. 2 electrical supervisors and the contract manager left towards the end of last...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Sorry, I won't take much of your time. To cut a long story short, I am newly qualified and have domestic installation/commercial...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I am wondering about becoming an electrician of some form or another and thought to come to an...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am a nearly fully qualified electrician (waiting on AM2S in March) qualified to level 3 electrotechnical 2357. Once qualified I am...
Replies
Views
I have recently completed my HNC in electrical engineering at college and I am looking to get a job as an electricians mate. what do I need to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock