Discuss BG Nexus, polished chrome fused connection units in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

polo1

-
Arms
Reaction score
Re the above, anyone had recent experience of the above, not switching off (switched fused connection unit, obviously!). I've had three recently with the same fault. I emailed BG tech, who provided a prompt response advising no known bad batches/ problems, but willing to investigate if I or the supplier send in faulty units.
thought I'd do a quick check on here first for anyone who had come across the same problem.

Not a FCU, but had problems with three BG pull-cords over a four month period. Not used them since. They are one of the cheaper brands so guess it comes down to you get what you pay for. Have also had numerous BG MCBs terminals fail on me also. The hassle of taking the time to swap them over is a pain. Mark up or not!

Had a couple of sfcu and double sockets over the past year or so just got em swopped by Senate

Thanks guys. The real pita is the time taken up going back to jobs. We'll send them to BG and see what's what.

Make sure your displeasure and inconvenience is conveyed.
I had a problem with a load of nexus grid gear coming from BG through the wholesalers wrong or late which delayed a kitchen second fix.
I made sure the wholesalers let BG know I had been left out of pocket due to lost time and the BG rep offered compensation for troubles caused.

Is this the sort of thing you'd buy from B&Q? If so, then yes (on my own kitchen, worst luck). Use one to turn on under-unit LEDs. Sometimes will not switch off. Swapped it for another one. Same fault. After a while, seems mostly to have fixed itself.

Is this the sort of thing you'd buy from B&Q? If so, then yes (on my own kitchen, worst luck). Use one to turn on under-unit LEDs. Sometimes will not switch off. Swapped it for another one. Same fault. After a while, seems mostly to have fixed itself.

Them's the ones! Tbh I've not had problems with BG stuff before ( though as has been said, they probably are at the lower end of ranges).

I've had this problem with the BG chrome a 3G plate switch customer supply's he got replacement before I left for home the second one played up to this day ( bearing in mind this was in Jan ) they've had to make do with a two Ganga legrand plastic ,

Last edited:

Reply to BG Nexus, polished chrome fused connection units in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock