Currently reading:
British gas

Discuss British gas in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Came back for 2nd fix and found this customer isn't happy as wants to use cupboard for storage and not only will it be a pain in the arse to fit new consumer unit acess isn't ideal I've had a brief look at reg 528 and all I can see is suitable distance between services I thought it stated a distance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 282
borrowed from a previous thread hope it helps

[OK - I've just lifted the below as a copy and paste off another site so I'm trusting a bit here:

BS6891-2005 8.16.2
Separation of installation pipework from other services.

Where installation pipes are not separated by electrical insulating material, they shall be spaced as follows:
a) at least 150 mm away from electricity meters and associated excess current controls, electrical switches or sockets, distribution boards or consumer units;
b) at least 25mm away from electricity supply and distribution cables.

This is echo'd in the OSG, page 18./QUOTE]

Came back for 2nd fix and found this customer isn't happy as wants to use cupboard for storage and not only will it be a pain in the arse to fit new consumer unit acess isn't ideal I've had a brief look at reg 528 and all I can see is suitable distance between services I thought it stated a distance
Is that what's called an island meter ?

Decolad

Well..... I always interpret those minimum dimensions as being for new builds and rewires where clearly you have the ability to locate services in more practical locations.

As for older, established premises, if it ain't broke, then don't try and fix it.

I think it's a new gas pipe because there may of been two flexible pipes to the meter and that's when the gas meters used to be lifted up onto two bricks so they were horizontal and didn't register the gas flowing, thus the term "fiddling the gas" it used to be a bit difficult with coin meters as the coins would fall out of the box and land in the bottom of the meter and the gas man would catch me I mean people out. With the solid copper pipe this can't be done lol

Reply to British gas in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back