Discuss Central heating wiring centers. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Y

YTSOxford

Hi, just a quick Q. Have just wired up my first s-plan and it all work great and passed the tests etc. But what should be sleeved with brown in the wiring center. Is it all live what comes back from the valves, like a switch, live in and out??? Since there is already a neutral terminal in the box, I am assuming the rest is live. I could always just check each block with my voltage tester, but though I would do it the lazy way and ask on here first. Thanks!

S Plan valves have four wires & earth. Brown and blue as normal L/N for motor feed controlled via time-clock. The remaining wires orange and white/grey are live in and switch wire out to turn the boiler on and off.

Thanks Jurrassic spark, that makes sense. Would you identify the lives with sleeving or is this overkill.

I have my on site assesment in a few days and want to know what they would prefer. I hasd been told that they're hot on this sort of thing.

you dont need to "ID" the wires that are part of the valve(s) wiring. i would just sleeve up the room stat calls and cyl stat calls, and same for frost and pipe stats if fitted. suppose it depends how you have wired it as to what needs sleeving.

Reply to Central heating wiring centers. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've pretty much sussed out the wiring for the radiators and underfloor heating, thanks to help from the forum. I do have one more question...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, hope you all had a good xmas. Got called around to change over an old style pin type thermostat to a hive one for a family member...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
I have a fully pumped Y plan heating system using a Potterton EP2 programmer. Drayton MA1 Diverter valve. I have just replaced the Actuator head...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock