NICEIC Certification Scheme Certificate issued no inspection

Discuss Certificate issued no inspection in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Now we're getting somewhere. What is the date on the report?
If it's the same as the one on the consumer unit, then it looks the electrician has just reissued the same report. As that is a valid report, it still remains in force for 5 years from the date it was carried out.

Now we're getting somewhere. What is the date on the report?
If it's the same as the one on the consumer unit, then it looks the electrician has just reissued the same report. As that is a valid report, it still remains in force for 5 years from the date it was carried out.
No the date on the report is 3/1/21

No the date on the report is 3/1/21
Ok then. Looks like a fraudulent action in that case. Or of course it could well be a genuine mistake. The electrician may be using software that inserts the current date when opening a previous report. But he should have checked the date.

Do you actually have the Report and a picture of the consumer unit to see if the schedule tallies but remove any personal details and addresses.

It might help your case if there are any issues that you believe are potentially dangerous and should have been picked up if properly inspected!
You should have been issued with a 'satisfactory' report as a new tenant (since July last year ) within a certain time period. You shouldn't need to ask the landlord, but if only been in since 4.Jan time might not be up yet.

It might help your case if there are any issues that you believe are potentially dangerous and should have been picked up if properly inspected!
You should have been issued with a 'satisfactory' report as a new tenant (since July last year ) within a certain time period. You shouldn't need to ask the landlord, but if only been in since 4.Jan time might not be up yet.
The report is to be given to any new tenant before the tenancy starts:

"This instrument imposes duties on landlords to have an electrical installation
inspection and test, carried out by a qualified and competent person, at least every five
years. This is alongside other duties on private landlords including:
• Obtaining a report from the person conducting the inspection and test which
explains the outcomes of the report, supplying a copy of this report to the
existing / resident tenant within 28 days of the inspection and test, to a new
tenant before they occupy the premises
, and to any prospective tenant within
28 days of receiving a request for the report.

Now I'm getting confused.

Tenant moved in last April. No need to have been issued a copy of an EICR as the new regulations not in force till June 2020.
Skip forward to January 2021...
Tenant somehow knows an EICR has been issued (but with no electrician having been inside the property), knows the date of the EICR, but does not have a copy of it.

What am I missing?

Am I missing something here OP knows the date of the report but doesn't have a copy
Ah missed post#14 so OP is an existing tenant (since April 20) so should get report within 28 days of test date..... 3.Jan 21.
Now I'm getting confused.

Tenant moved in last April. No need to have been issued a copy of an EICR as the new regulations not in force till June 2020.
Skip forward to January 2021...
Tenant somehow knows an EICR has been issued (but with no electrician having been inside the property), knows the date of the EICR, but does not have a copy of it.

What am I missing?
My apologies. I asked my landlord about the certificate. He told me that he has one dated jan 3rd and told me who issued it. I found it odd that the certificate was issued without an inspection. I have messaged the electrician but he has not responded. I was not aware that my landlord has a duty to supply a copy of the report. I also have a friend who does electrical work but not niceic registered and he suggested I spoke to someone who knows the correct procedure. I am just asking your opinions as you guys will know what the best course of action would be. Thanks

My apologies. I asked my landlord about the certificate. He told me that he has one dated jan 3rd and told me who issued it. I found it odd that the certificate was issued without an inspection. I have messaged the electrician but he has not responded. I was not aware that my landlord has a duty to supply a copy of the report. I also have a friend who does electrical work but not niceic registered and he suggested I spoke to someone who knows the correct procedure. I am just asking your opinions as you guys will know what the best course of action would be. Thanks
Ok thanks for this.
So as an existing tenant, you have the right to receive a copy of the existing report that was done before you moved in, within 28 days of asking for it. The date on the report cannot be changed to a later date if a later inspection has not taken place.
The date on the report cannot be changed in any circumstances, as it reflects the condition of the electrical installation on the day it was carried out.

Ok thanks for this.
So as an existing tenant, you have the right to receive a copy of the existing report that was done before you moved in, within 28 days of asking for it. The date on the report cannot be changed to a later date if a later inspection has not taken place.
The date on the report cannot be changed in any circumstances, as it reflects the condition of the electrical installation on the day it was carried out.
Ok thanks that makes sense. I will attain a copy of the new certificate then contact the electrician to ask him how he has issued a certificate without an inspection and let you know his response if I get one. Thank you for your time. Regards

Reply to Certificate issued no inspection in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock