Search the forum,

Discuss chaep vans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a small van, it will have to be an older van less than £1000. Any idea what small vans have a good life in them? I've heard that the renault kangoo is not worth buying if older than 6 or 7 years. I'm looking for a berlingo, or transi connect size. Any ideas would be helpful

Astra vans are hard to work out the back of and only fit a small pair of steps, unless you fit a roof rack. They drive well though and give good fuel economy.

Seriously consider buying something like an MPV instead. In my experience vans have often done a hell of a lot more miles, been treated worse, been generally hammered, have lower levels of equipment, and shout out "Oi, look! I'm a van! Goodies inside!" to passing skanks. And yet they tend to cost more than the equivalent car.

Oh, and don't just automatically get a diesel because "they're cheaper to run". It very much depends on how many miles you're gonna do and how much more you have to pay to buy a diesel rather than a petrol. Also diesels can be extortionate to fix when they go wrong (new direct injection diesel pump can be a grand just for the part, for example).

ldv pilot
actually their OK...

1.9 peugeot diesel so the progress will...lets say be a bit creaky....but it`l get you there as its a bombproof motor is that pug 1.9....they are narrower than most vans for its size so you`l get through where a transit wont....

if you got one of these it would probably be red..or show evidence of having been so once upon a time...

good , cheap starter van...good for 2 years when you would then go for something a little bit....er.....more stylish?...

Yes,the cost of it is less of a factor than the cost of its next major part...like the the clutch parts and flywheel i fitted today in me mates Vauxall Combo which equated to its value when completed:willy_nilly:

Reply to chaep vans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back