Discuss Checkatrade,Mybuilder, Myhammer ratedpeople etc etc.. Your views? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A friend who is a heating engineer who i sometimes work with on larger jobs where the customer wants central heating as part of the refurb has just had his new price to stay on checkatrade and his annual fee has gone up from £750 or thereabouts and been told its now £1650! to be part of a online directory... thats before any fees for leads i assume...
It appears that homeserve the reactive maintenance firm has bought the company and is trying to recoup its costs...
I know people have mixed feelings about these sites but my mate has got a lot of high paying work from it and has paid for itself many times over, but the new fees were too much and hes left the site out of principle.. so much for loyalty and customer retention...
Would be interested to know if any other people on here use checkatrade and how much they are now paying at the annual renewal??
If you are on checkatrade and havent had the renewal yet then be prepared!

A friend who is a heating engineer who i sometimes work with on larger jobs where the customer wants central heating as part of the refurb has just had his new price to stay on checkatrade and his annual fee has gone up from £750 or thereabouts and been told its now £1650! to be part of a online directory... thats before any fees for leads i assume...
It appears that homeserve the reactive maintenance firm has bought the company and is trying to recoup its costs...
I know people have mixed feelings about these sites but my mate has got a lot of high paying work from it and has paid for itself many times over, but the new fees were too much and hes left the site out of principle.. so much for loyalty and customer retention...
Would be interested to know if any other people on here use checkatrade and how much they are now paying at the annual renewal??
If you are on checkatrade and havent had the renewal yet then be prepared!
Had some dealings with Homeserve, what a buch of Animals wouldn't let them cross my door step ever again.

I almost took some work on from homeserve once upon a time, but the amount of paperwork and admin involved for simple jobs and having to ask permission to buy parts for the job no matter how small put me right off. i only avoided it due to some advice from other tradespeople..

I almost took some work on from homeserve once upon a time, but the amount of paperwork and admin involved for simple jobs and having to ask permission to buy parts for the job no matter how small put me right off. i only avoided it due to some advice from other tradespeople..
Think I may have mentioned this before, my Mrs had a contract with Homeserve when I was away working, anyway arrived home one weekend and she said she had called the plumber for a leaking tap, not the basin sort, a posh jobbywith 1 spout and two knobs, honestly when he turned up I thought it was Bob a Job week, looked no older than 16, told him the job, now these taps were expensive, he's there with a pair of 14inch Stiltsons tyring to get the tap cover off, stopped him just in time and showed him the door, cancelled the contract. A lesser known fact maybe, is that should they bust something whilst carrying out a repair their insurance doesn't cover it, talk about a rip off, can you just imagine a little Old Lady relying on these Muppets?

I mentioned a while ago how someone I spoke to said that his membership with Checkatrade went up by £500 and they just would just budge on it. They apparently start you off at around £750 and let you spend a year getting good reviews and then shaft you with a 65% increase the next year (scamming baskets).

As for homeserve, I have also mentioned them on here before, and my experience is that they send out cowboys who are clueless.

I mentioned a while ago how someone I spoke to said that his membership with Checkatrade went up by £500 and they just would just budge on it. They apparently start you off at around £750 and let you spend a year getting good reviews and then shaft you with a 65% increase the next year (scamming baskets).

As for homeserve, I have also mentioned them on here before, and my experience is that they send out cowboys who are clueless.
Delete please Admin seems to go to reply when all I wanted to do was agree with the post

I don't appear to have an edit button to correct my typing errors?

upload_2018-5-12_9-30-8.png

I still have mine. Before the Report & Bookmark buttons.
It does have a limited time, think its about 20 mins, and then it disappears.

no idea whats happening but more of these companies seem to be merged/brought out. Telford and wrekin had a handy man service which was very reasonable now they have the customer base the wrekin housing trust has taken it over and added all the trades to it and now charges about 3 times as much. I feel sorry for the older customers who used to get a reasonable service not being ripped off

Reply to Checkatrade,Mybuilder, Myhammer ratedpeople etc etc.. Your views? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net