Discuss Coaxial sockets in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Sparky_Ben

what is the dirrerence between screened and un screened coaxial wall sockets, for what I can see is price is the only difference?
thanks in advance

If its being fixed miles from any other cabling or sockets use the cheaper unscreened ones. If you are within a foot or so of anything use the dear ones. I f you don't you will be possibly troubled by interference as load changes within the cables generate electromagnetic fluctiation, Hall effect, induction, magnetism and heating of cables. (I assume its for a TV, so this will give you "snow" or crackles)
Tightwad anyway....theres only pennies difference :)

Ah, but if a screened coax is used, then generally there is no need to used screened outlets in a domestic environment.:)

screened cable are you meaning wont need a screened socket? I dont know what type of cable it is if this is what you mean I am just goin to put a socket plate on to neaten it up

if the coax has a metal foil inside then its screened.

However, that does not mean its not run alongside mains cables somewhere.

For your own piece of mind, if you are unsure then use a screened plate.

Job Done.

if the coax has a metal foil inside then its screened.

However, that does not mean its not run alongside mains cables somewhere.

For your own piece of mind, if you are unsure then use a screened plate.

Job Done.

YOu should always use Foam filles scfreened Copper over copper Coax cable in all instances. Isolating plates cause more issues than good in most situations coax (aerial/Sat/FM etc) Cat5 (data) and video cables should be run to standards just like T+E. Its crazy ion this day and age that people still think an aerial point is appropriate. Either dont bother or do it properly.

Reply to Coaxial sockets in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock