Search the forum,

Discuss Cooker cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

However, the regulations do not specifically require a cooker isolation switch to be installed.
When I hear "Cooker" it means ovan and HOB. It's the single most important appliance in the home, in my view, that should always have local isolation... even if the regs don't require it. The hob poses an added danger in the home for kids. Parents appreciate been able to completely protect children from switching the hob on by accident. This is a secondary but important role local isolation plays.Also the newer hobs which have a touch screen instead of knobs can at times be switched on accidently should water splash on the touch screen. It's really handy under those circumstances to have an isolator lose by.
Final thought, the 2 meter rule is ar reg over here.

When I hear "Cooker" it means ovan and HOB. It's the single most important appliance in the home, in my view, that should always have local isolation... even if the regs don't require it. The hob poses an added danger in the home for kids. Parents appreciate been able to completely protect children from switching the hob on by accident. This is a secondary but important role local isolation plays.Also the newer hobs which have a touch screen instead of knobs can at times be switched on accidently should water splash on the touch screen. It's really handy under those circumstances to have an isolator lose by.
Final thought, the 2 meter rule is ar reg over here.
I completely agree that a cooker/oven/hob should have local isolation, and would always fit one.

I was merely pointing out that there is no specific requirement for it to be installed.

We have been over thus so many times!
The only reference to 2metres are in some of those guides for the hard of thinking.
The guides convey to the "hard of thinking" what the engineers and competent electricians amongst us have worked out for themselves. They may not be regulations, but should be followed unless you can provide good reasons not to.

Reply to Cooker cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back