Discuss Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

so's peanut butter. that is disgusting. does anyone eat it?

Can you stop talking about food.

We’re not going out to shops until we really need to, so we’re working through the cupboards.

Dinner tonight was mash, pukka pies and beans for 5.
Thank god the daughter brought alcohol home with her

Can you stop talking about food.

We’re not going out to shops until we really need to, so we’re working through the cupboards.

Dinner tonight was mash, pukka pies and beans for 5.
Thank god the daughter brought alcohol home with her

Do NOT turn the telly on.
Every time I do it's either James Martin cooking a whole pork belly, Ramsay frying perfect steaks, or blooming Masterchef !! :rolleyes: :tearsofjoy:

Before the lockdown - probably a week ago - I thought sheet! I better go and get some frozen stuff in etc. Went to Asda as it was easy and local. The shelves were stripped bare, badly so. I picked up the morsels I could. Some of which I ate tonight. Bacon flavoured fries and a premium own brand burger. BOTH bloody awful!! I remember why I really do not like their food now. Gimme me Aldi any day of the week.

Oh, and peanut butter gets a thumbs up from me!!

Time to raid the kids sweets now!

double you tee eff ?

I will just leave this here:
Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) 9pepes - EletriciansForums.net

And NO I don't remember it !

Dear God......I heard a Dr. on TV saying in this time of Coronavirus while staying at home we should focus on inner peace.
To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked through my house to find things i'd started and hadn't finished,

so I finished off a bottle of Tequila, a bottle of Whisky, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a chocletz.
Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner ----. An telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands, stafe day avrybobby!!! ???????????? ????

Its alright I have spent it planning the wedding with the fiancee.
Wont be 2021 due to all the cancellations this year now taking place next year. looking at Spring 2022.
So far we (she) decided I am wearing a grey suit.
we (she) decided we are having a harpist play music at the ceremony
we (she) decided on some readings
We are not yet married but I have learned already the following
Just nod and agree. It will cost me money regardless and saying no will only delay the original choice. She will listen to my views when we make decisions then tell me what my view is and decide for me.
Its as easy as that

Its alright I have spent it planning the wedding with the fiancee.
Wont be 2021 due to all the cancellations this year now taking place next year. looking at Spring 2022.
So far we (she) decided I am wearing a grey suit.
we (she) decided we are having a harpist play music at the ceremony
we (she) decided on some readings
We are not yet married but I have learned already the following
Just nod and agree. It will cost me money regardless and saying no will only delay the original choice. She will listen to my views when we make decisions then tell me what my view is and decide for me.
Its as easy as that
I can guarantee you’ll have a long marriage mate ?

I do feel sorry for all the husbands out there who for many years promised to "get around to doing that, when I have time.."

Yup, that time is now folks!!
My wife has already pulled me on this...but alas there is nowhere open to get the parts required:rolleyes::tearsofjoy:

Dear God......I heard a Dr. on TV saying in this time of Coronavirus while staying at home we should focus on inner peace.
To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked through my house to find things i'd started and hadn't finished,

so I finished off a bottle of Tequila, a bottle of Whisky, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a chocletz.
Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner ----. An telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands, stafe day avrybobby!!! ???????????? ????
Yer getting worse buzz!!

What make are them new self isolating isolators?

I have a complete redecoration scheme to do here, but frankly I CBA...
Glass screen wall to remove, 16 panes, each one takes a couple of hours, to remove beadings and attempt to get glass out in one piece-spectacular fail!
I meant to do all this re-modelling in the long Winter days when i couldn't go out much...now that I can't go out much, well, there seems no urgency...besides which, i hate decorating with a vengeance (not that I've ever decorated with a "vengeance" because i don't know how switch it on)
I leave my evening meal dishes in the sink so I have something to do in the morning.
Started learning guitar again.
Current favourite tune is Warren Zevon's Splendid Isolation, unsurprisingly...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K1jpklZbck

Other pastimes include making imaginative meals from odd ingredients and trying to eke out my pre-prandial gin and tonic to more than 5 minutes... another spectacular fail

Went for a walk yesterday...such a beautiful day, made me realise how much i take for granted.

Won't get to see my daughter on her birthday this week...a real bummer because A) I miss her and B) I got her the coolest present ever (well, i think so!) and she'll have to wait who knows how long to get it...
(Meantime, I am enjoying it!)

I also spend time clearing my inboxes of all those stupid emails, which takes longer than I thought. Yesterday I got one from a company from which I ordered some hand sanitising gel...they wanted me to review the product; naturally I would have been happy to do so, but as it hasn't arrived yet, 10 days after ordering, there wasn't much to say. Either they haven't sent it or the postie has snaffled it...

I have set aside a task for tomorrow, which is to tidy my tool bags...just one tomorrow, then another one on wednesday, another one on friday...and so on...
I seem to remember a story in Winnie the Pooh where Eeyore got an empty honey-pot from Pooh for his birthday, and a burst balloon from Piglet, and he spent hours putting the balloon into the pot, then taking it out again... I will replicate this by emptying all my connectors etc from their "organisers" and putting them back again...for further, more useful entertainment, I will get out all my Stanley knives, about 8 I think, and put nice shiny new blades in them, in readiness for some future work or maybe to slit my wrists!
(Just joking, folks!)
Another trivial task is to make a cable comparison thingy...this is so I can identify cable sizes from examples lined up together...it will be a 5-way Wago with short lengths of insulated cable, stripped 10mm , inserted in ascending order...I'll be struggling with the 6mm and 10mm, so may resort to choc-block...
Next week sometime, I have a wiring job to do. I have a 5-way surround sound system plus subwoofer, and the wires for the rear speakers are far too short to run all the way round the living room, so i have a drum of speaker cable for the purpose, and am currently debating whether i should run them in mini D-trunking or just tuck them beside the skirting boards...which I have still to paint as part of my redecorating scheme.

For the rest of the time at my disposal I shall simply resort to typing drivel on internet forums...

In the words of the late, great Alistair Cooke on Letter from America, "If you have been, thank you for listening!"

Reply to Coronavirus - Keeping it light :-) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock