Discuss Customer not paying, hanged up on me. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

we clearly have 2 camps here.

those whom can afford to put their faith in the slow skewered UK legal system.
and those that would rather take control of their own destiny.

No point in taking it out, you'll just end up loosing time and you'll never see any money if you do. Yeah it might make you feel better, but it's a last resort. And i find expanding foam is the ultimate revenge tool.

Could you disconnect the outgoing swa from the supply isolator, so it looks as if you are disconnecting it, but could actually re-instate it easily? Bluff them.

Jim

As a point of interest how does the third party debt collection actually work. Do they pay you the invoice cost less their costs and seek payment direct, or do they seek payment and only pay the spark when they have received the money?
only ask I have never needed one yet, but but you never know and I'm curious as to their costs etc

Materials back out, simple as that, that cable is your property until it is paid for whether it is installed in someone elses premises or not

Get round there and pull it out, im pretty sure they will soon square up to keep his shop going

Other than that you could offer a solution to him, tell the tenant you think its the landlords responsibility but ask the tenant to pay you, the tenant can reclaim the cash by not paying the rent for a month or two

well the reason the tenant isnt paying is because he thinks is the landlords responsibility, so as a option, the tenant COULD pay (yes far fetched) and then claim the money back off the landlord by not paying his rent for a month or two, that way the landlord has paid for it

well the reason the tenant isnt paying is because he thinks is the landlords responsibility, so as a option, the tenant COULD pay (yes far fetched) and then claim the money back off the landlord by not paying his rent for a month or two, that way the landlord has paid for it

The tenant did say that he can pay and not pay rent. But only if the landlord accepts which obviously he won't by the looks of it.

It's sfa to do with the tennant which is another reason not to go down the brutal route, he has done no wrong.

Boydy

No point in taking it out, you'll just end up loosing time and you'll never see any money if you do. Yeah it might make you feel better, but it's a last resort. And i find expanding foam is the ultimate revenge tool.

Could you disconnect the outgoing swa from the supply isolator, so it looks as if you are disconnecting it, but could actually re-instate it easily? Bluff them.

Jim
What could expanding foam be used for. Hmm, I can cut the wire and fill the box with expanding foam. Haha

Im sorry but its the principle of someone not paying me that would really **** me off. Id be straight down there ripping it out. Professional or not , I couldn't care less they are clearly trying to take the **** out of you and don't think you are going to do anything about it.

had a non-payer in different industry who said that unfortunately, due to invoices being submitted 'late' (no deadline terms concerning this), all 'books' relating were 'closed'. £50 for solicitors letter and, amazingly, books must have re-opened.
legal route definitely
if you can't 'let it go', patience before retaliation, so i'm told!

Im sorry but its the principle of someone not paying me that would really **** me off. Id be straight down there ripping it out. Professional or not , I couldn't care less they are clearly trying to take the **** out of you and don't think you are going to do anything about it.
Aye it is the scotsman in you, the alcoholic capital of europe lol, combined with wirey ginger hair and no pants I can see why you guys get angry easily. :smilielol5:

THAN NOO! ..... be a different tale if they vote for independance. will the jocks be another EU state, or will they have some common sense?

THAN NOO! ..... be a different tale if they vote for independance. will the jocks be another EU state, or will they have some common sense?

The Jocks have a lot of common sense - I like them - they're very similar to us Geordies in several ways.

Lang may yer lum reek Jock!!! ;)

(see I'm multi-lingual, Geordie, English and Jockspeak)

I could almost agree with Scottish Independence, but that Goblin and his Goblingess sidekick...
No!

Reply to Customer not paying, hanged up on me. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock