Discuss Customer not paying, hanged up on me. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pedantry, now there is a word not widely used in today's world of innits and lol etc

What's the worse that can happen if I take the cable out. Bearing in mind that I don't need to enter the shop and the back gate is always open. So I would be like in and out.
You will end up with a load of armoured unpaid for and a possible prosecution, stick with being professional and stop acting like a fool. You either want your money or you want to look cool here, make your mind up, if you want professional advice then great, if not please do not waste our time.

I don't want too look cool. I just don't like the fact that the landlord is renting shop without paying for my service which he is not paying for. I send the letters out first.
Well were on your side, no one likes a fella to be ripped off, do the letter and send another invoice, then you will have grounds to move to the next step, even if that is ripping it out, don't leave yourself open to anything which may incriminate you.

Well were on your side, no one likes a fella to be ripped off, do the letter and send another invoice, then you will have grounds to move to the next step, even if that is ripping it out, don't leave yourself open to anything which may incriminate you.

Shall I send the invoice and letters recorded delivery so I know he has received it.

Shall I send the invoice and letters recorded delivery so I know he has received it.
Yes and make sure you send the other 7 days later if payment is not recieved, he needs to know you will get a third party involved, that will upset him but should get him to sort it out.

Hasn't he paid up yet, this thread has been going for four hours, it's dark now, so I think it's time to go and at least isolate your SWA and put a sign on it "do not use until paid for" and or "Installation not safe" and do not issue any certs..........

No you may not legally remove the cable,unless you can return the premises to the exact condition they were in before you started.Typically this can mean for example if you have drilled holes in the brickwork to get the cable in then you must remove said bricks and replace them with bricks that match the original,you may not fill the holes with mortar as they were not filled with mortar before.This may sound petty,but that's how bad it can get in a court case.The BIG mistake you made in this situation is doing the work without written authorisation.Basically in a court of law a verbal agreement isn't worth the paper it should have been written on.I bet I know what's happened here,there has been some misunderstanding regarding the cost of the job and now the guy doesn't want to pay,the tenant shouldn't have to pay as I would assume that he's renting a property that includes utilities,gas,water,electricity.You appear to be between a rock and a hard place,however I would strongly recommend that you go down the legal route or you could be the one in court.

He is not obliged to accept recorded mail.
No , but he wont know whats it is until he accepts it , and his curiosity as to what this exciting and possibly valuable package might be means its certain that he wont turn it away.

The postman can say who sent it and he may say take it away.
How would the postie know who sent it ??? or any of the other 200 or so packages in the back of his van ?

You need a plan B.

Yep deliver it yourself , OP obviously lives in the same town.

Boydy

;-)

Reply to Customer not paying, hanged up on me. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock