Discuss Delay start timer bathroom extractor fan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Leesparkykent

Esteemed
Reaction score
Age old problem of the customer wants to have the bathroom extractor to come on with the bathroom lights but doesn't want the fan to run if just going for a number 1 in the middle of the night o_O

Having a look about I've pretty much decided on an Air flow icon 15 fan with delay start timer module.

iCON Adjustable Timer Module + Delay Start - https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/ADDTM.html

Airflow iCON15 ECO Low Profile Extractor Fan - 67 mÂł/hr - https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/ADICON15ECO.html

Does any one know of another make that offers delay start or think of another practical solution for simplicity of install. Cheers

or fit a "silent" fan. epicair fans are virtually silent.

Not tried this but a pipe stat on the hot water incomer so light will come on and fan only triggers if hot water used and light on?
Didn't know they did delayed timer fans cheers Lee

Tell them to have the fan switched on separately as Jack mentioned, don't know why they wouldn't want it that way anyway, that's how I try and do it most of the time and have it that way in my house, simple but effective.

Agree with the above - just use a fan with a pull cord. Can they not spare 2 seconds prior to a shower to switch a fan on? What's the world coming to? Daz

PIR/photocell combo for the switching of the lights, humidity sensor and methane detector wired in parallel to switch the fan, automatic arse wiper activated by voice recognition software. Jobbies a good 'un.

And in the same vein - at mine, I pee sitting down in the dark. Such is my life.

When I'm doing bathroom refits I normally recommend that the light over the bath is wired with the fan and the "other" lights are wired via a separate switch.... nice and simple!

I'm thinking of something similar for my own bathroom at home. Main lights to come on with the fan on a pull switch, and some led strip concealed on a high shelf operated by a low lux pir as a late night courtesy light.

Reply to Delay start timer bathroom extractor fan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net