Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Oops

img_3_1666075356601-01.jpeg

You’re onto a winner 🏅 today with that lot. 👍
What’s more amazing is the customer is adamant it’s not DIY. He had another electrician in who left the job half way through and hasn’t been back in touch. 🤔 I’m guessing he’s fell out with ‘Dave from the pub’. 😂

I’ve disconnected the lot. Initially he was a bit miffed I’d disconnected it all. But I said that’s what needed to be done as it’s not safe. Explained to him a few options of how it can be resolved and he’s asked for a quote and when I have availability.

What’s more amazing is the customer is adamant it’s not DIY. He had another electrician in who left the job half way through and hasn’t been back in touch. 🤔 I’m guessing he’s fell out with ‘Dave from the pub’. 😂

I’ve disconnected the lot. Initially he was a bit miffed I’d disconnected it all. But I said that’s what needed to be done as it’s not safe. Explained to him a few options of how it can be resolved and he’s asked for a quote and when I have availability.

That’s good that he’s been reasonable about you disconnecting it and wants you to do it properly. It looks a right dogs dinner in those photos.

Where's that what looks like swa in the meter cabinet come/goto

Where's that what looks like swa in the meter cabinet come/goto
That’s the SWA for this abomination. It goes to the fused spur under the consumer unit you can see in one of the pics.

Not glanded anywhere, not that it matters as they’ve peeled the armour back to shove it into the box with the 3 core & earth PVC cable. 🙄

That’s the SWA for this abomination. It goes to the fused spur under the consumer unit you can see in one of the pics.

Not glanded anywhere, not that it matters as they’ve peeled the armour back to shove it into the box with the 3 core & earth PVC cable. 🙄
Ahhh I was wondering because it's following the dno cable I thought it may have been a bypass didn't realise it's looped through :)

Asked by a relative to change a light switch. OK no big deal, unscrew the two fixing screws as usual, pull them out...and out...hmm by time over 5cm of screw has exited I was not expecting great things:
light-switch.jpg

Now they have identified black as (presumably) switched live but yes that really is polystyrene bulking up the wall with the back-box recessed by several cm. Chock block probably all that existed at the time (done at least 16 years ago) but also not visible is the bottom left corner where the earth tag screw was just spinning and no gip of the CPC at all.

Nothing like the sort of other crap that makes it here, but not my ideal job when not prepared to actually fix it properly. Best I could do at the time was to use on of the woodscrews to retain the CPCs.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock