Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Can't have flat plate accessories in my (new build) new house I guess....

PXL_20230604_111022166.jpg
PXL_20230604_105600843.jpg

What an utterly stupid position to fit the main switch with the top so close to the top of the meter box, the outgoing tails then look a mess, that was probably the meter bodger fitter though. I don't suppose the Electrical Contractors have the initials CE by any chance ?

Went to one of the local residents place today as she was having issues with her Zappi and Renault Zoe.

Looking at the setup it was straightforward and, whilst not necessarily the way I’d have done it, it was still compliant.

So tried to run a Zs test L-PE but got a ‘con’ error on my Megger which means the earth is either unstable or disconnected. R1-R2 was within tolerance. So I knew the continuity through was fine.

The Zoe is quite fussy and if it detects an earth problem it won’t let the car charge.

House is out in the stick and on a TT system. So I ran a Ze at the origin of the supply and this was the lowest result I got.

IMG_2097.jpeg

It was fluctuating between 688 and 746.

Someone has had the wisdom to bury the earth rod connection under some decking and flower bed. Meaning it’s inaccessible to check if it’s just loose, or poorly installed.

Ground is rocky as hell so going to be fun getting in some new rods to get the Ze below 200. May end up daisy chaining 3-4 rods just to get it down. But will see how it goes.

Someone has had the wisdom to bury the earth rod connection under some decking and flower bed. Meaning it’s inaccessible to check if it’s just loose, or poorly installed.

Ground is rocky as hell so going to be fun getting in some new rods to get the Ze below 200. May end up daisy chaining 3-4 rods just to get it down. But will see how it goes.
It has also been very dry so if the rod is not deep it probably has got that issue as well.

Might be an excuse to try one of these (and the matching SDS adaptor) to get a new rod down through rocky ground:

It has also been very dry so if the rod is not deep it probably has got that issue as well.

Might be an excuse to try one of these (and the matching SDS adaptor) to get a new rod down through rocky ground:
Already have the adapter and have quoted for the sacrificial bits.

Used them before and they are very good. I’m guessing they have only used 1 rod as I can usually get the reading somewhere around 50ohms if I use two 16mm rods.

Already have the adapter and have quoted for the sacrificial bits.

Used them before and they are very good.
Good to hear! I modified M16 stainless threaded rod with angle grinder to achieve much the same before.
I’m guessing they have only used 1 rod as I can usually get the reading somewhere around 50ohms if I use two 16mm rods.
If you can get two coupled and driven in to 2.4m depth hopefully enough damp down there for a decent reading. Beware if heavy rain soon as it could mask how dry it is capable of getting in that area.

Well speaking to the site manager he said the tails go up the wall behind a steel plate then over 5cm from the top and bottom of the joists which they are as I saw them when doing the downlights
Is the plate earthed ?
Is there a Switch fused isolator ?

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock